Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

NexTool Multi-tools.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
NexTool Multi-tools.
on: October 19, 2022, 02:45:37 AM
I previously bought the NexTool Flagship Pro off of Amazon.ca. Once Grant announced a discount, I was already looking into expanding my NexTool Collection models. It was perfect timing, and induced me to purchase 4 more tools.

My general observation is that NexTool makes a fairly good product. I would consider it one of the higher end Chinese multi-tool manufacturers out there. I really like Roxon, and haven't had any quality issues with them. I view NexTool right along side of them in terms of quality. In fact, the tools are very well made. I see no side to side plier movement. Every tool snaps into place nicely. Those tools that use liner locks, are well constructed and have a positive lock. Good bang for your buck overall. With that said, the included sheaths tend to have very thin sidewalls. Any black tool is not black oxide finished, but more or less painted from what I can see. Overall, I am quite satisfied with them to be frank.

20221017_162441A by Chako, on Flickr

The NexTool Flagship Pro is a very nice tool let down by a felt pouch instead of a sheath. The pouch is a pain as it is tight fitting to the tool. Once its in there, it is a bit of a struggle to get it out. Once out, the tool is very nice and feature rich. I love scissors, and the pair this one offers is big and beautiful. I tried them out and they work very well. On the downside, the scissors are a bit awkward to use as the tool is bulky on the one side. I had to shift my grip a few times to find a comfortable way to hold them. Once your in your sweet spot however, the scissors are a delight to use.

20221017_162532A by Chako, on Flickr

20220911_171435A by Chako, on Flickr

The smallest one of the lot is the NexTool Mini Sailor. This tool reminded me of a Gerber more than anything.

20221017_162724A by Chako, on Flickr

20221017_162932A by Chako, on Flickr

the NexTool Black Knight is similar to the Flagship Pro in design. At least this tool comes with a sheath, and a bit kit.

20221017_163131A by Chako, on Flickr

20221017_163302A by Chako, on Flickr

This is possibly my favourite of the NexTool models, the Sailor Pro. This more conventional design features an interesting locking mechanism that is smooth as butter. I had trouble at first trying to open the tools until I realized you have to activate the locking mechanism to open them. Slide the mechanism once more to close the tools back up. The mechanism is smooth and of a light touch.

20221017_163519A by Chako, on Flickr

20221017_163647A by Chako, on Flickr

The NexTool Vanguard is one of the wackier designs out there featuring an adjustable wrench. The tool comes with a good sized knife and saw blade. A pair of pliers is also included. There are two driver bits stored in the one handle with multiple areas to use them. This is an interesting tool in my opinion.

20221017_163803A by Chako, on Flickr

20221017_163908A by Chako, on Flickr

There you have it. I might buy more of their models in the future.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69