Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).

Aloha · 835 · 26158

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Re: Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).
Reply #450 on: August 12, 2023, 07:07:24 AM
 :iagree: And I'm happy to see that Gary stepped up to take the box after I'm done! :woohoo:
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #451 on: August 12, 2023, 03:41:42 PM
 :woohoo:

WOW the box weighs as much as a new born baby  :D.  Great picks LC. 

Glad to have you on the list IMR4198  :tu:

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #452 on: August 12, 2023, 04:35:48 PM
I'm still a little apprehensive about this whole thing.  Sherry welcomed me to have the box from day one almost.  (Hi there Fisher).  At least FarmerX knows what hoops I have to jump through to get mail around here.  Oh, and Dan, ask Harald not to put any more catnip play mousies in the box.  I still have one from last time.  Best wishes. Gary

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #453 on: August 17, 2023, 12:09:29 AM

Box has landed and is in my hands now.  WOW there is so much cool stuff in there. 

GET ON THE LIST  :pok:

I've let Catherine take a look and she immediately selected 2 items.  I will ponder my picks and repackage each item.  I'm going to add to the box  :rofl: just because this has been so much fun. 

Alan PM me your address please.  I'll likely have it on its way Friday or Saturday latest. 

Too much fun y'all.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #454 on: August 17, 2023, 02:03:20 AM
 :popcorn:  :woohoo:

So glad it arrived!   Afraid it could have been bumped for being to heavy 🤪

Can not wait to see what catches your eye my friend.
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #455 on: August 17, 2023, 03:40:10 PM
I'm pretty predictable so.........  I was surprised Catherine was interested in two items.  She promptly took ownership and they are in her pocket today. 

Lots of fun things. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #456 on: August 17, 2023, 09:42:13 PM
 :woohoo: :salute:
I am looking forward to seeing what you picked Aloha.  Post your pics as soon as you can.  Can't wait for it to get here.

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #457 on: August 18, 2023, 06:41:51 AM
USN 2000-2006

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #458 on: August 21, 2023, 05:29:15 PM
The MTO chip is very awesome and that was an immediate pick for me.  I have been on MTO for 10 years so it was fitting I had a chip.  My second pick was the charging cable.  Having both iPhone and USB C earbuds I really wanted something other than several charging cables.

I was looking at Pokka pens so this was my third pick.  I didn't have a Canoe so this was so perfect for me.  I also didn't have a Rough Rider so another perfect item for me.  Very stoked with what I picked and very thankful for the generosity. 

Catherine was also pretty excited as we opened the contents.  Last time the box came to me she was pretty stoked but I didn't let her choose anything  :-\

She immediately saw the purple  knife and claimed it.  We wrestled for the Pokka pen but being an avid watcher of the early days of WWE my inner Randy Macho Man came out and I secured the win for it  ;).  She selected the metal pen which went promptly into her computer bag.

There you have it.  I will send the box today after a delay due to weather.  Priority mail should have it to the other side of the US fairly fast.  I also added several items since we claimed several items.   

* IMG_9052.jpg (Filesize: 128.97 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #459 on: August 21, 2023, 06:02:35 PM
     I can see why you grabbed that Buck.  Yummy.  RR looks nice too.  Surprising quality on those traditional style RR knives.  Best wishes.  Gary

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #460 on: August 21, 2023, 06:08:32 PM
 :like:

Very cool selections and reasons why👍

I am a pen guy, but have so many I resisted the temptation, and left them knowing a future stop would enjoy.

Funny, I pulled the chip too!  Then put it back just laying it neat the top😉.  I already had one, no need for two :facepalm:

The RR barlow and Canoe are great scores.

Enjoy and thank you for the update. 🌹 to Catherine!   

Stay safe with heavy rains snd hopefully flooding stays south my friend.
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #461 on: August 21, 2023, 06:27:55 PM
 :salute:  Thank you for leaving the chip.   I was so stoked when I saw it.  I've celebrated 10 years here and that was a no brainer for me.  The Pokka pen is so light.  I knew Catherine was also eyeing it so it was nice there was another small pen in there. 

Once she saw the purple knife it was hers.  Her Spyderco Chaparral is her only other work knife but its grey, so purple gave her a huge smile.  She works with a lot of men who carry knives but mostly black.  She was super happy to have something "CUTE" as she called it.  Pretty sure there will be a show and tell when she goes in the field next time.  She sends out a huge thank you to the generosity of MTO.   

I am stoked about the Canoe.  I can we why this pattern is so loved.  I should also give whomever put it in there a big  :twak:.  I've been on a few sites looking at Canoes  :rofl:

Thanks to all the fans of RR.  I had no idea which one to get so I never picked one up.  When I saw this I loved it immediately.  Y'all know I love them small trads. 

I added a several items since we took so many things out.  Alan should have fun with his selections.  Its hard thats for sure. 

I love the randomness of whats inside. 

Thank you again for all the generosity.  :salute:

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #462 on: August 21, 2023, 08:25:42 PM
Nice picks Aloha.  What was the purple knife?  Be careful on the road going to the post office.

I don't want to scare anyone, but I have already obtained a large flat rate box to replace the medium box because I owe some trade items to Farmer X in addition to whatever else is otherwise in the box and I wanted to make sure everything fits.  Farmer X and IMR4198 don't need to feel obligated to continue to use the large box.  So, who's next after Gary? Add your name to the list.

Alan
Farmer X
IMR4198
?
?
?

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #463 on: August 21, 2023, 10:13:24 PM
     What was the purple knife?  Catherine's purple knife?  I think that was already answered.  Let's see....   Looking back....  Yes, it was CUTE.
      I think it was mean to not let her pick from the box when you had it before, Aloha.  Just saying.  Best wishes.  Gary

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #464 on: August 22, 2023, 04:24:07 PM
Great pics,  Aloha :woohoo: :like: :like:

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #465 on: August 22, 2023, 06:00:44 PM
      Somebody needs to take this box after I get it.  I don't want to keep this thing through the winter.  I also don't want to fall dead in my back yard and have the coyotes eat me.  Then all of MTo would never find out and think old IMR had absconded with the till.
      I am also aware of the numerous trolls, spamistas, and other purveyors of misinformation on this site.  So, unless you have been here a while don't bother to get on the list.  I will refuse to ship.  I think I met one troll and one spam spreader this morning.  Turned one in, and answered the other just in case they were legit with a brief answer. 
      Post your name here soonest.  It does sound like it could be amusing.  If Sherry and Dan and some others hadn't encouraged me, I never would have played.  I really don't need any more stuff.  Best wishes.  Gary

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #466 on: August 22, 2023, 07:40:28 PM
If you ever question whether someone is legit or not then always report to moderator :cheers: we always send spammer down the road with a nice shiny Ban :D and have quicked a few trolls to the curb as well :salute:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #467 on: August 22, 2023, 07:43:19 PM
BOX IS ON THE MOVE. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #468 on: August 22, 2023, 07:47:19 PM
     What was the purple knife?  Catherine's purple knife?  I think that was already answered.  Let's see....   Looking back....  Yes, it was CUTE.
      I think it was mean to not let her pick from the box when you had it before, Aloha.  Just saying.  Best wishes.  Gary

The knife is Viper Storm.  I really hadn't looked at it as she took it and then went after the blue Pokka Pen  :ahhh.  I had to ask her to let me see the knife so I can see what it is.  Kinda surprised she is pocketing it as its quite a bit heavy compared to her Spyderco.  Shes got it in her pocket today as she left for work.  :cheers: to who ever put it in the box.     

I agree I should have given her a shot at the box when it came to me last time.  Thats why I've suggested to let your significant others take a look in the box. 

I agree with Poncho, if you ever need a mod just PM us.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #469 on: August 22, 2023, 07:59:11 PM
     I am surprised that Catherine let you look at it after the Randy Savage move you put on her with the pen.  Of course, I had already said to myself that looks like a Viper Storm.  One of the cute purple ones. 
     You got to love a woman with a purple Viper Storm in her pocket.  Proud of it.  Rockin it.  Any female enjoying a knife in her jeans has my respect and admiration already.  Best wishes.  Gary :hatsoff:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #470 on: August 22, 2023, 08:45:56 PM
Great pics,  Aloha :woohoo: :like: :like:

I meant picks and I guess it autocorrected to a more familiar term :whistle: :D

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #471 on: August 22, 2023, 10:45:37 PM
      Still need to see someone on the list after IMR4198.  I read all of the posts in this thread.  Sherry commented on how little curiosity people have for what is basically free booty.  Take what you want.  Put something back.  Mail it. 
      When it gets here, I don't plan on keeping it long so...... get on the list.  Best wishes.  Gary
 :poh:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #472 on: August 22, 2023, 11:05:34 PM
     I am surprised that Catherine let you look at it after the Randy Savage move you put on her with the pen.  Of course, I had already said to myself that looks like a Viper Storm.  One of the cute purple ones. 
     You got to love a woman with a purple Viper Storm in her pocket.  Proud of it.  Rockin it.  Any female enjoying a knife in her jeans has my respect and admiration already.  Best wishes.  Gary :hatsoff:

She's the "go to" for tools in her office.  Her office kit is well appointed and curated over time.  Normally they had to wait for a facilities person to come and repair or work on anything.  I've taken time to familiarize her with tools so she can help herself and her office mates. 

She/We have gifted many tools to her coworkers over the years as well.  She's very stoked about the purple knife.  I'm sure she'll get her manicure to match next time she's there.  On site they wear safety vests and hard hats so she's clipped her Viper in her vest.  She wanted to make sure her buddies saw it tho I'm pretty sure she's not going to wait.  I tied a pink paracord lanyard to it but we'll get purple soon. 

When she's in the office she cannot carry knives but anything goes in the field.  Oddly she liked the weight in her vest.  Normally she'd tell me she doesnt want anything to heavy.  Guess purple makes is worth it.  I talked a little about the knife with her so she could tell the fellas.  She is very thankful for it.  Whats funny is I try to buy her knives but she always says she's good.  Her poor chaparral is gonna be neglected.  Wonder if I can get my Grey Case Peanut back? 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #473 on: August 22, 2023, 11:56:10 PM
Can't wait to see what's in the box this time around.  It should be awesome.  :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #474 on: August 23, 2023, 04:38:13 AM
 :popcorn: 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #475 on: August 23, 2023, 07:17:09 AM
Looking forward to seeing what Alan picks, getting the box myself, and sending it off to Gary! :popcorn:
USN 2000-2006

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #476 on: August 24, 2023, 06:30:44 PM
I'm unable to track the package. I sure hope it isn't lost. :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #477 on: August 24, 2023, 10:19:17 PM
 :oops:

I missed a few numbers Alan.  It should be there as I type.  My bad  :facepalm:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #478 on: August 24, 2023, 11:19:26 PM
It is here! :mail: I'll bet my postman was happy to drop it off considering how heavy it is. :2tu:   I'll check it out later tonight. :cheers: 

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #479 on: August 25, 2023, 12:14:06 AM
Farmer X
IMR4198
NutSAK
?
- Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30