Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).

Aloha · 835 · 26160

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Re: Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).
Reply #690 on: December 17, 2023, 02:27:03 PM
   Aztec told me that he would have to wait until after Christmas to ship the box.  It will take that long for his serrano peppers to dry out really well.  Don't want to pack them in a box of tools while they have any moisture.  Mmmmm.  Happy holidays, Alan and Poncho.  Also Aloha, Tinker, and Loop Cutter.  A special happy holidays to Sherry who is responsible for all this in the first place.  (Fisher too) G
 :whistle:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 02:47:57 PM by IMR4198 »

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #691 on: December 17, 2023, 03:11:39 PM
Merry Christmas Gary.

‘Tis the time to enjoy and celebrate  AWL that around you😉

Even those that a near yet far!
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #692 on: December 17, 2023, 04:24:30 PM
Glad you'll get the box IMR.  Take your sweet time with it.  Goodness knows I had the box for months before any takers.  A second look will be nice. 

Happy Holidays to you my friend. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #693 on: December 18, 2023, 06:39:40 AM
The serranos were good but I should've picked more.  Salsa wasn't as spicy as I would've liked.  Consequently, more people were able to enjoy it.  :rofl:

Merry Christmas to all!

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #694 on: December 18, 2023, 08:10:30 PM
I might have to decline the serrano in the surprise box offer, Tex.  I like hot peppers, but I just can't eat them anymore.  No sense in letting them go to waste here.  One of the fellows said he was going to put brownies or chocolate chip cookies in the box one time.  I don't know if he ever did.  Best wishes.  G
 :D

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #695 on: December 18, 2023, 08:24:47 PM
I used to make habanero salsa but the whole family would suffer afterwards even when I had all the windows and fans going.  My stomach has slowly been telling me that I can't take it as hot as I used to so, I feel ya there.

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #696 on: December 27, 2023, 01:22:14 PM
    The box is on the move!  Out of the land of serrano salsa and headed to the land of cornbread or die.  I am expecting a possible parachute drop into my big front yard.  Hopefully the chute doesn't get tangled in the wires.  Most likely I will have to wait until next week to pick it up.  Saturday will be a short day at the post office, and Monday is a holiday.   
    I know Nando is probably glad to free up some storage space at his house.  I probably won't do a rush through like last summer.  There doesn't seem to be any hurry to line up for the box.  Santa must have lost my carefully drawn map and the chimney diagram I sent him, so this will be the only box I will open this Xmas.  Best wishes.  Gary
 :popcorn:

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #697 on: December 27, 2023, 01:53:03 PM
~.  Santa must have lost my carefully drawn map and the chimney diagram I sent him, so this will be the only box I will open this Xmas.  Best wishes.  Gary

???,  SANTA, missed your chimney???,

His new digitalization system must have crocked  :dunno:, again.   :oops:

PM me that info and I will have the elves do a check and verify!

PS:  Just to confirm, I am in no hurry for that box to be forwarded my direction.   I have the OHT challenge in January, and a Opinel challenge in March.

So when ever you are ready to move it on just reach out and I will forward my Indiana location..  Until then,  :popcorn:

Hope yours is as good!

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #698 on: December 27, 2023, 02:12:04 PM
     Good to hear from you, Looper.  I hope you filled up on some good holiday treats.  Lots of rain here.  Maybe some snow this week as it cools down.  If it snows I will put on a big pot of soup beans and eat them for a few days.  Best wishes.  Gary
 ;)

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #699 on: December 27, 2023, 05:14:07 PM
Glad to hear that the box is on the move again. :cheers:

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #700 on: December 27, 2023, 06:14:30 PM
What did you discover about the nice tan ESEE Zancudo since you carried it a while, Alan?  I wonder if Catherine is still carrying her cute purple knife?  I am planning on including the little white Bijou in the JANUARY CLASSIC get together.  All Sos box goodies.  Best wishes.  G
 :whistle:

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #701 on: December 27, 2023, 07:35:27 PM
Hi Gary!

I believe Aloha, belongs to Catherine  with the Purple folder.  He is in California by the sea.

Do you season those beans with HAM chunks and bones?
Wife would always use the Christmas ham bones and pieces for Navy Bean or Spilt Pea Soup with Corn Bread fresh from the oven.  Drizzled with Maple Syrup🤪

Hope yours is as good!

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #702 on: December 27, 2023, 08:13:01 PM
Hi Looper,
     Yes, I remember Aloha and Catherine.  And the low-down Randy Savage move he put on her when he had the surprise box before.  I should have made my wondering more clear, I suppose. 
      Leftover ham is tops for bean cooking.  Unfortunately I don't have any.  I am thinking about buying some smoked hog jowls and maybe some black-eyed peas.  I had some yellow split peas just last week.  Mmmm.  My last corn bread was definitely sub-par.  It wasn't wasted.  The raccoons didn't mind a bit.  Country boys all know what's good, don't we Looper?  Best wishes.  G
 :hatsoff:

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #703 on: December 27, 2023, 09:04:28 PM
Box is indeed on the move again with a small care package inside. Strapped it on top of a jackalope and sent him on his way.

Haven't had black-eyed peas and cornbread in a while. That sounds good as it's cooling down over here. Finally got down to the high 40s last night.

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #704 on: December 27, 2023, 11:15:16 PM
Box is indeed on the move again with a small care package inside. Strapped it on top of a jackalope and sent him on his way.

(Image removed from quote.)

Haven't had black-eyed peas and cornbread in a while. That sounds good as it's cooling down over here. Finally got down to the high 40s last night.

Good looking Jackalope, that picture must be deceptive or he is much bigger to carry the box.

Around here,  the Jackalope begin to shed their antlers, and as soon as they hit the ground the Voles and mice start gnawing on them and hiding under the snow. 
Be out looking for ‘em but to small for scales😁

Hope yours is as good!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #705 on: December 28, 2023, 01:12:53 AM
The ESEE Zancudo folder is a nice knife but difficult to open one handed.  It's just tight and opens easier with two hands, even after lubrication.  Some day, after much use it may become a one hand knife.  Speaking of Black eye peas, I usually make a pot of Hoppin' John for New Years day to bring good luck for a prosperous new year.  Am I the only one?  This batch was from a couple of years back.

* Hoppin John.jpg (Filesize: 286.8 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #706 on: December 28, 2023, 01:34:53 AM
Glad to hear the box is on the move.  Take your time with it. 

Catherine is still very much enjoying the purple knife.  She gets to carry it when out in the field for work.  She like the weight of it so she knows its still with her.  I've carried it once or twice now and its does have some weight.  I wouldn't say it's heavy but one will know its there. 

I can't wait to see the goodie you choose. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #707 on: December 28, 2023, 02:10:28 AM
    Thanks for the updates on the ESEE and cute purple knife.  And Catherine.  I often cook beans (most any kind) with some rice, and I like to put in diced tomato with green chilis.  I looked at some not very good smoked hog jowls today.  Higher than ham.  I will just cook some beans without meat, I think.  Might add some rice.  I put in a little bit of Badia seasoning.  Not much. 
     I'm not sure which great circle route the box will take this time.  I hope it doesn't go through Tennessee again.  I'm not sure Old Bessie is recovered from the last trip over the mountains.  Last I checked the box was in Austin.  The mail has done rather well lately.  Stay tuned for more info in that same vein.   And photos.  Best wishes.  Gary   

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #708 on: December 28, 2023, 02:56:23 AM
Mom always cooked a batch of black eyed peas as a New Year tradition. We've continued that with our family though the kids aren't keen on it.  :D

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #709 on: December 28, 2023, 01:19:43 PM
   Sos Surprise Box is now in Greenville, SC.  I think the cute brunette mail driver will likely put a claim notice in my mailbox sometime Saturday afternoon.  Maybe?  After the post office is closed of course.  Probably will be able to pick it up Tuesday.  My latest vintage LM arrived in good time yesterday late in the day.  In good condition. 
   Let's see..... MTo math says that 2=1, so that makes.... carry the 6.... do the square root.... times pi..... That means I now have one LM.  Numbers.  So confusing. 
   Only this week, the nice people from Duke Power sent two husky fellows by to say hello.  It seems they were taking donations for something or other.  They asked if I had been getting their letters.  I told them of course I had, and kept a nice neat stack of their correspondence.  They were embarrassed to ask for their fund raising thingie, but I gave them each a piece of leftover Halloween candy and a hundred dollar bill for their good cause.  They seemed relieved and took their wrenches down from the fish bowl looking thing on my porch.  You know how men love to show their tools.  These guys are ready for anything.  They even had a ladder with them.  Crazy.  Best wishes.  Gary
 :) 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 01:39:51 PM by IMR4198 »

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #710 on: December 28, 2023, 03:59:53 PM
 :rofl: :rofl:

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #711 on: December 28, 2023, 04:09:34 PM
Wowsers.  I just checked out the Tracking info and it says the box is out for delivery.  If the driver leaves me a claim ticket, then I might be able to go pick it up TOMORROW!  I might just pour the whole box out on my bed and roll in it.  Like a dog.  Maybe not.  Could be some prickly things in there.  Best wishes.  G
 :popcorn:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #712 on: December 28, 2023, 04:19:48 PM
I still don't understand why they leave you a claim ticket instead of leaving the box.  :think: :twak:  At least you'll have it this year.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #713 on: December 28, 2023, 04:35:17 PM
Congrats on the second LM.  The box got there rather fast.  Take your time with it.  I like to take everything out and have a play with the first thing that catches my eye.  Then I go thru each item one by one.  I make a pile of things I might keep and a pile of things I'm not likely to keep then I make a pile for things I'm not sure about.  The next day I repeat the process or just take what interests me and call it good. 

Those fellas from Duke Power I'm sure were ready for just about anything  :D.  Glad they make too much of a fuss and ya had a donation to their cause  ;).   

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #714 on: December 28, 2023, 05:07:30 PM
    I plan to have some fun with the box this time.  The reason that they don't leave the box is my mailbox is about a quarter of a mile from my house.  Not many people want to come up my Jeep trail of a driveway.  The Sos box is way too big for a rural mailbox anyway.  So the pretty mail driver fills out the claim ticket before she leaves the post office and doesn't take the Sos box with her on her route.  I'm glad she doesn't just leave it propped on the mailbox post.  It would be GONE!  In a hurry. 
    The Leatherman I got was in a small enough box for her to stuff it in along with the usual fake sweepstakes offers and ads.  I am getting some good use out of it already.  I like to use the things I have.  That's most of the fun.  Best wishes.  Gary
 :)

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #715 on: December 28, 2023, 07:58:19 PM
I did the same thing with all the stuff. Split them up into piles just to make it easier to go through at my leisure.

My OCD kicked in afterwards and I reorganized and rewrapped almost everything in fresh bubble wrap.

This allowed me to pack even more stuff into it.  :D

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #716 on: December 28, 2023, 08:19:28 PM
@Gary - if you know about what time she delivers, meet her at the box, save her the trouble of the form and you the trouble of having to pick up.

Pack her a treat!  Maybe next time they will journey up the trail😉

Hope yours is as good!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #717 on: December 28, 2023, 08:59:03 PM
So, Gary, what Leatherman did you get? :pok:

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #718 on: December 28, 2023, 09:46:46 PM
    I got a Leatherman Kick in the mail yesterday from cnlson.  He said he was going to toss it, but the fellows here talked him into doing a Give Away.  Very nice gift, I think. 
    Now on to the Sos box.  I happened to check the online tracking again this afternoon about 2:15PM.  The tracking said the package was available for pickup at the post office.  TODAY!  There would be a ticket in my mail. 
    No ticket.  So, I decided to drive to the post office anyway.  The lady who was behind the counter and wouldn't let me have the box last time broke into a huge smile when she saw me.  I think she teared up a little, but that may be my imagination.  I though, what the...?  Then I saw.  I picked up the shipment and went outside to take a photo. 
    Scuffing her little shoes on the sidewalk outside was a little girl staring at me.  I asked her if she had a dolly?  She nodded yes.  I asked if she had a kitty or a puppy?  She shook her head. That touched my heart, so I gave her a gift.
     I looked in my mirror as I drove out of the parking lot.  Mother had come back from the post office and was standing with the little girl waving frantically.  I didn't feel like going back for what was probably just an embarrassing thank you from her.  So I drove on.  Last I heard she was yelling something.  Hard to tell what.
     Probably wanted to know what you feed a jack-a-lope.  Like I knew.  Best wishes.  Gary

PXL_20231228_191444073.jpg
* PXL_20231228_191444073.jpg (Filesize: 114.24 KB)

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #719 on: December 28, 2023, 10:23:50 PM
   ~~
     I looked in my mirror as I drove out of the parking lot.  Mother had come back from the post office and was standing with the little girl waving frantically.  I didn't feel like going back for what was probably just an embarrassing thank you from her.  So I drove on.  Last I heard she was yelling something.  Hard to tell what.
     Probably wanted to know what you feed a jack-a-lope.  Like I knew.  Best wishes.  Gary
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Luv it!   :rofl: :rofl:

Hope yours is as good!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $97.41
PayPal Fees: $5.57
Net Balance: $91.84
Below Goal: $208.16
Site Currency: USD
31%