Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Looking for a lawyer, need some help!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Looking for a lawyer, need some help!
on: November 08, 2022, 08:10:52 PM
Ok, basically as the subject says I’m looking to get a little help on understanding something, I was told I would have to get a lawyer for where the incident took place which was in San Antonio Texas, but we’re disabled and live up in Michigan, but again, we don’t know the first thing and are looking for some info on just what to do, so if you have a few min to walk me through please drop me a message, thanks
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Re: Looking for a lawyer, need some help!
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 09:08:28 PM
With my few interactions I would say that:
Some work places or even schools either provide legal insurance or at least a confidential help line that help walk you through the process. The former would help defray any expenses which can go up significantly. The latter would help hold your hand a bit.

See if you need a lawyer local in TX as they may know that state laws better. Also each lawyer has its own specialization. You weren’t specific on the exact nature of the incident so just make sure you get the right one.

I also hate to say this, but they make their money by prolonging the cases as long as they can. But there a few out there that are decent. You may need to shop around.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 09:22:40 PM
I was told I need a probate lawyer, if you know your things then that should tell you the nature,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 09:27:44 PM
Yes, you need a probate lawyer. Did your dad have a will ?

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 04:44:41 AM
I think you would need a local lawyer in TX because

1. Licensing of lawyers is state by state
2. A local lawyer will be familiar with the TX laws

In the era of cheap long distance calls and Zoom meetings, the distance shouldn’t be any obstacle to communicating with your TX attorney.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%