Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger Ranger. Model unknown

Offline PeakyBlinderWV

• New User
Wenger Ranger. Model unknown
on: December 01, 2022, 12:06:17 PM
Hi there, i wonder if anyone could help. I have been collecting victorinox for nearly a year now but recently decided and got an interest with Wenger models. I bought a Wenger Ranger 05 serrated, in prestine condition, boxed and inlayed. Its lovely. So liking that certain 'spearpoint' blade. Decided i wanted another but unserrated. Ive bought this and have not yet recieved, but since buying and speaking to seller, i did know there was slight 'storage' damage to the box, but not until after purchasing did i get shown the damage was the actual barcode was not visible. It ends in 02 so think the box could maybe what ive researched be a 'Timberline'. It is a 2 layer 120mm and is in new condition, and had main blade with 'pat pend' stamped, and seems to be the delamont stamp with crossbow on the other side. Bottle opener with 'ep patent' stamped. Also it has a Philips screwdriver and a reamer on the top. Its very similar to a mountaineer 06 without a woodsaw ive figured hence being 2 layered. I have hunted and hunted the internet, and even put an image of it in on 'google lens' and i cannot find a model like it. I wouldnt of bought it knowing the box wasnt the corresponding one to that model but was under the impression it was. Ill add some pics of what i know of the model as im yet to recieve but its bugging me ive bought an item i dont even know what model it is. If i was going to use the knife for things it wouldnt be so bad but ive bought it for collection reasons and never intend on using it. So im very very intruiged to what it is. I was aware the seller said there was slight danage to box, but if i knew the box was a completely different one advertised originally i wouldnt have purchased. Then i find out its not the models box its been sent in, 'still a wenger box', with the damage as said was an unreadable barcode and i can see '02' at the end of model number which is the old 'timberline' if im correct. Anyone that knows anything or has seen this model before. Coments would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Re: Wenger Ranger. Model unknown
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 01:10:03 PM
That looks like Ranger 11, its 2 layer and if you look look catalogue 05 europe you see that model there

Offline PeakyBlinderWV

• New User
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 05:04:26 PM
Yeah ill have a check. Thanks. Ill let you know if its put my mind at rest. Thank you

Offline PeakyBlinderWV

• New User
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 05:16:35 PM
I have checked and yes your right. It is the closest thing ive found to it. It looks exactly the same apart from there is no corkscrew. It is a screwdriver and reamer on the top. Ive been thinking is is genuine or what but that literally is, after 2 days of hunting the internet the closest model. Do you know if there is one without the corkscrew? It also seems to have the same stamping on the bottle opener. Do 1 offs exist? Thats all i can think.....thanks youve 3/4 eased my mind. Ashame about the packaging though. Gutted infact.

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 06:41:50 PM
Finding info on Wenger models is real pain, only way to really find info you need to find catalogues. Only catalogues i have seen is on Sakwiki.

Only Tools Matters

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 09:50:27 PM
Well the Ranger 11 is described in SAKWiki and appears in that '05 catalogue - As being the corkscrew version of this model
Althought it does not have its own page .... yet.

Usually there was a Phillips and CS version of most models - And also usually it would have its own number.
So its a little strange that it is not in that catalogue - so if anyone finds the number please let us know in the Work in the Wiki thread.

We do have missing models in the Wiki - And I am sure your knife is genuine - So dont worry about that

In fact can I please use your photo in the Wiki? Thanks 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 10:21:32 PM by Huntsman »

Offline PeakyBlinderWV

• New User
Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 10:43:54 PM
Yeah of course. Ive hunted and hunted. I thought id find the model number but ive not even seen a model like it on the whole internet apart from the 36-38 which again is completely different blade and bottle opener tool is different. It seems one of a kind. I thought id find the info out from the box but not been given in the original box so no inlay either im guessing. Any info would be great. Id really appreciate any help. Cheers.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 02:18:50 AM
Well now your model is in the internet for other people to find and not get puzzled   :tu:    :salute:   - Although we still need the model number
https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wenger+120mm

You are credited in the image description - Thanks for your help    :D 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24