Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Questions about a Juice mod

us Offline tommywp

Questions about a Juice mod
on: September 16, 2023, 06:48:31 PM
What’s up fellas. Been a while.  Great to see that the forum is still rockin!  I’m attempting to remove the blade and corkscrew layer from a newer model Juice CS4. Im going one arm at a time and was able to get the pivots removed on the corkscrew side. Dont think I would have been able to get the pivots out without a Dremmel and the little Grinding Stone attachments that they sell.

I’m at the point where I’m gonna try to get the springs back in and can’t figure out whether the scissor layer has one fat back spring, two skinny back springs, or one fat and one skinny. Could someone with a CS4 add a pick of the scissor back springs for me?

Appreciate the help.  :cheers:

us Offline tommywp

Re: Questions about a Juice mod
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 07:59:21 PM
Figured it out…it’s the 2 skinny springs. One for the scissor and one for the arm.

us Offline tommywp

Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 08:10:47 PM
Was also able to  get the springs in pretty easily. Metro has a great thread on EDC forum that was linked to here

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,90277.msg2387299.html#msg2387299

The only thing I’d add, is that you don’t need to hit the springs all that hard. Slide the springs in, open the tool on the receiving side to get the springs in further, close the handles together, light tap with a little hammer so that they’’re just almost locked in, then press the tip of a flat head screwdriver against the springs and tap the screwdriver to get them in the last little bit so that they lock. For the scissors springs I didn’t even need the hammer, just pressed the tip of the flat head with my fingers. Waaaay easier than I had feared…and I’m no pro.

us Offline tommywp

Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 10:56:22 PM
All done! Thickness is the dimension that bothers me the most when carrying things in my pocket, and this thing is now so much slimmer.  A smidge skinner than the SAK Compact.

Pliers, scissors, 3 flat drivers, Phillips, saw and bottle opener is everything I need to accompany a folder.  Gonna carry it with the Lionsteel Nano that I just picked up…which is a 2.5 inch blade and pretty slim itself…but the modded Juice is a tiny bit smaller.

Wouldn’t even have attempted it without all the old MTO posts on the topic. When they re-released the Juice a couple of months back I knew it was my big chance!!! Super psyched.

:salute:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2023, 08:04:11 PM
Looking great :woohoo: glad to see you as well :tu: :like:

Glad you got it figured out and it is a great looking mod 8) :like:

fi Offline customod

Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 09:53:06 PM
 :like: That looks like a great pair! I've yet to do a Juice mod but this is pushing me in that direction!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%