Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Milwaukee Fastback 5 in 1 knife

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Milwaukee Fastback 5 in 1 knife
on: November 30, 2022, 04:26:25 PM
So I got tired of checking my gym bag each time to make sure no one swiped my Leatherman XE6. I sometimes leave the bag to grab a paper towel or whatever and you just never know.

I decided to purchase this:
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Hand-Tools/Cutting/Knives-and-Blades/48-22-1540

And it’s a wonderful tool. Great price and I’ve used it a few times. The locking screwdriver is worth half the price in my opinion, and cheap enough that I’m not going to cry if I lose it.

I did a LOT of research and finally found out that the blade steel is 3CR which is I guess shorthand for 3CR13XMOV. I looked that up and basically got the impression that it’s a good steel for the price, high toughness and corrosion resistance but needs frequent sharpening. Usually placed well below AUS8 and SAK steel. Equivalent to AUS4 or 420j2.

Does anyone have any real world experience with the knife specifically edge retention? I feel like I’ve read all I can and so far the knife works well for my mild chores (ferocious boxes, gangsta killer strings, etc.). The steel doesn’t bother me, but I do like to know my tools a bit better. Thanks much.

My experience is with AUS8 and SAK steel.

By the way for folks who already have this knife and lost the bit:  Grainger #55ZZ26 Milwaukee #55-32-0200 UNSPSC #27112814

us Online Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Milwaukee Fastback 5 in 1 knife
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 05:41:15 PM
Looks good to me.  Milwaukee makes great tools!
Barry

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 06:06:25 PM
Love the Milwaukees, so agree absolutely which is why I bought it. I figured can’t go wrong.

Offline inLine4

Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 05:39:41 PM

They are great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 05:53:52 PM
Nice pic! Yah I debating getting the utility cutter as Home Depot has a 2 pack sale. Might still go back and get it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%