Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who’s gettin’ a new Vic for Christmas?

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Who’s gettin’ a new Vic for Christmas?
Reply #30 on: December 03, 2022, 06:00:28 AM
Waiter and Alox Minichamp, that’s a combo z! My kid makes a list for Santa, which might’ve also included an Alox Minichamp.

We hold a reclette night as tradition during the holidays, perhaps I should look into the cheese master.

Barry, would you recommend a 111 like workchamp over swiss champ or swisstool for camping? I typically have my spirit x paired with a waiter for camping and hiking, but sometimes take my swisschamp in place of SAK or ST.
I know you were asking Barry, but I figured I’d chime in as well.  I think the 111 are awesome for camping.  The Outrider and Farmer X are my favorites for camping and hiking.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #31 on: December 03, 2022, 06:03:02 AM
Sounds like a Compact ( basically a slimmer climber with a file on the hook) would cover all your needs in one ;0) You also get lovely plus scale tools and a mini screwdriver to boot!  :tu:
:agree:  the Compact is an awesome SAK

us Offline Sos24

Reply #32 on: December 03, 2022, 06:05:51 AM
I considered it but it lacks the reamer/awl which has become a part of my daily use for opening boxes, saving the blades from all that tape glue, so I definitely want that tool. I have settled on a Climber that I will upgrade with plus scales, and carry a Classic SD for its file, and have an extra blade to boot. I’ve even seen the need for two toothpicks already, one for me and one for my wife. She won’t carry her own Classic. I’ve already explored that option. But she will sure use mine, LOL!
What I do to get around not having a reamer awl, is slightly sharpen the corner of the combo tool.  It cuts through tape nicely while not taking away from the capability of the other tools.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #33 on: December 03, 2022, 06:07:10 AM
Although I have no need for the SKipper, I have to say , that is a really nice SAK
I have felt the same way.

us Offline marlowe221

Reply #34 on: December 05, 2022, 10:26:58 PM
Well, I decided to ask Mrs. Marlowe221 for a Farmer X in red from Knife Center. But I gave her an out and told her she could get me a Huntsman instead - she told me that she's already done some of my Christmas shopping and we never do anything extravagant, budget-wise.

Either way, I'm getting back into hiking and camping a lot more these days and I should be able to get some good use out of a Huntsman-like configuration. I used to do a lot of hiking and camping back in Mississippi but kind of fell out of the habit when we moved to Oregon. I've got to get back out there!

us Offline Enginears

Reply #35 on: December 06, 2022, 10:03:03 PM
Well, I decided to ask Mrs. Marlowe221 for a Farmer X in red from Knife Center. But I gave her an out and told her she could get me a Huntsman instead - she told me that she's already done some of my Christmas shopping and we never do anything extravagant, budget-wise.

Either way, I'm getting back into hiking and camping a lot more these days and I should be able to get some good use out of a Huntsman-like configuration. I used to do a lot of hiking and camping back in Mississippi but kind of fell out of the habit when we moved to Oregon. I've got to get back out there!

I feel this. Having another baby in the house has made my camping/hiking/boating frequency drop off quite a bit. The huntsman was my first new SAK purchase after I was gifted a spartan, so I have an affinity for it.  Oregon wont disappoint from what I have seen!

This year I have a black Pioneer on my wish list. It will be my first Alox model. I feel like starting out with a Spartan really gave me an appreciation for the versatility of the basic 91mm SAK tools, so I’m going to repeat the process with a Pioneer before diving into the thicker models.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%