Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New 100mm Knife! 3.9116

us Offline Enginears

New 100mm Knife! 3.9116
on: December 05, 2022, 11:58:30 PM
So I have a strange attraction to these 100mm knives. They are just a bit strange in the size of blade vs handle, they are utility to the max, and seem to be incredibly unpopular. This 3.9116.B1 is called a Budding pruning knife 3.   
Not very exciting name, but I get it. It is a daypacker blade, pruning blade and brass bark lifter. One cool aspect is the lack of internal liners.
So I will probably graft some trees, and think about sticking a pocket clip on it and using it as my main folding blade. I have been using my black 100mm gardener as my main blade when I am carrying a mod that only has a small blade. Anyways these are really light weight, snappy, and super sharp.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: New 100mm Knife! 3.9116
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 12:20:39 AM
That is really neat.  Brass bark lifter huh, very cool. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 05:10:55 AM
 :like: A 100mm SAK is on my must-have list...better get one before they shoot up in popularity!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 10:52:26 PM
I really like my single-blade Gardener/grafting knife. Tough, light, slim, and very easy to sharpen.

I wish Victorinox would add a saw to these. I mean, they ARE gardening knives!  That combination, but with a saw replacing the budding spud, would be perfect for my uses.

us Offline Enginears

Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 11:35:58 PM
I really like my single-blade Gardener/grafting knife. Tough, light, slim, and very easy to sharpen.

I wish Victorinox would add a saw to these. I mean, they ARE gardening knives!  That combination, but with a saw replacing the budding spud, would be perfect for my uses.

Kind of read my mind on this. I imagine that these are so specialized that the expectation is someone would have a separate folding saw also with them during tasks, but having it included in the knife would be great.

I found a lot of 3 gardeners in rough shape and intend to tear them apart and see about a mod. I know the pins are bigger on these knives, but the thickness of the blade spring looks like a saw would fit nicely. The bark lifter layer looks like small blades/combo tools could fit if the holes were able to be enlarged. Not an easy thing but it will be fun to have a look and see if its possible.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%