Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I Think We Have a Convert.

us Online cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
I Think We Have a Convert.
on: November 09, 2022, 10:40:58 PM
I tend to give away a lot of my unused tools that aren't backups or collection items. Most end up stuck in a drawer, never used.

A few weeks back, I gave a family friend my seldom-used backup Olight i1R2, as it had, largely, been replaced by the i1R2 PRO (since my phone is USB Type C, the charger tends to stay plugged in and ready and thus the right plug); and I saw today, he had it on his keys. Well, today I gave him my seldom-used V2 Wave, as I found I liked my V1 better, and I also have a Charge TTi, which I find to be a better tool.  He said he was immediately adding it to his hunting gear.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Re: I Think We Have a Convert.
Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 11:10:51 PM
I tend to give away a lot of my unused tools that aren't backups or collection items. Most end up stuck in a drawer, never used.

A few weeks back, I gave a family friend my seldom-used backup Olight i1R2, as it had, largely, been replaced by the i1R2 PRO (since my phone is USB Type C, the charger tends to stay plugged in and ready and thus the right plug); and I saw today, he had it on his keys. Well, today I gave him my seldom-used V2 Wave, as I found I liked my V1 better, and I also have a Charge TTi, which I find to be a better tool.  He said he was immediately adding it to his hunting gear.

One more of us. One less of them  :whistle:
They don't like it up 'em!

au Offline Echotech

Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 12:52:48 AM
:like: very generous of you too :hatsoff:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 04:25:50 AM
Excellent news :salute: :like: :like:

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 05:44:47 AM
Excellent gesture, Cody. Hope your friend will get a lot of good use out of his Wave!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 12:55:37 PM
Good, send him over here to the forum...

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 10, 2022, 12:57:26 PM
Well done, Cody :cheers:

pfrsantos :rofl:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #7 on: November 11, 2022, 03:58:29 AM
It is funny how many people don’t realize the utility of a Flashlight, MT or SAK until they have and use one.  I think with flashlights, it is also that many people don’t realize how technology has made small keychain highly capable.

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #8 on: November 13, 2022, 03:53:43 PM
I’ve found that I can buy good condition TSA seized or used tools, refurbish them and provide them to others. It’s a nice hobby and makes more people appreciate the idea of carrying these tools as EDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Sos24

Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 08:54:55 PM
I’ve found that I can buy good condition TSA seized or used tools, refurbish them and provide them to others. It’s a nice hobby and makes more people appreciate the idea of carrying these tools as EDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like to give some children in the neighborhood(with parents permission) a flashlight and/or flashlight, depending on age.

Giving the SAK to one boy (11) ended up being a funny story.  The Mom wasn’t completely onboard because it was a knife, but didn’t object because Dad had said he could have it.  I later saw the Mom who told me how her son was always looking for ways to use his SAK, especially the non-knife tools.  She had completely changed her opinion of him having it because of how much he enjoyed using it to help with things.

us Online cody6268

Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 09:38:37 PM
I like to give some children in the neighborhood(with parents permission) a flashlight and/or flashlight, depending on age.

Giving the SAK to one boy (11) ended up being a funny story.  The Mom wasn’t completely onboard because it was a knife, but didn’t object because Dad had said he could have it.  I later saw the Mom who told me how her son was always looking for ways to use his SAK, especially the non-knife tools.  She had completely changed her opinion of him having it because of how much he enjoyed using it to help with things.

I got mine the exact same age, and I sort of got in trouble for taking darn near everything in the house apart with my Fieldmaster.

nz Offline Pauldmmwc

Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 09:48:06 PM
Hello there.
Sometimes I buy an odd job lot of LM Micras on fleabay and more often they are slightly damaged. I strip them and clean and reassemble so will lend up with 8 of 10 good ones for example. Some I sell and some of them I give to good sorts with one challenge , Use it for something everyday for at least 7 days and then leave it home for one day. Tell me then when you missed your new friend.
works everytime - a new convert.

:cheers:
Semper Sitienti !!

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 09:55:52 PM
Hello there.
Sometimes I buy an odd job lot of LM Micras on fleabay and more often they are slightly damaged. I strip them and clean and reassemble so will lend up with 8 of 10 good ones for example. Some I sell and some of them I give to good sorts with one challenge , Use it for something everyday for at least 7 days and then leave it home for one day. Tell me then when you missed your new friend.

Just fantastic!

us Offline Sos24

Reply #13 on: December 02, 2022, 08:37:20 AM
Hello there.

Love it.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #14 on: December 07, 2022, 12:46:29 PM
Hello there.

Well done, Paul!

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD