Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Huntsman Dragonfly mod

Offline LSUisSEC

Re: Huntsman Dragonfly mod
Reply #30 on: December 11, 2022, 10:20:52 PM
Thats probably a good point.  It as for as pinning that blade he didnt have brass in the center. I looked specifically for that

Offline LSUisSEC

Reply #31 on: December 11, 2022, 10:49:46 PM
Nevermind he did. The brass just doesnt show up in the video

be Offline bismouth

Reply #32 on: December 12, 2022, 10:04:04 AM
Yup, it's like being Sherlock Holmes to understand every each little details  :popcorn:

Offline LSUisSEC

Reply #33 on: December 15, 2022, 06:39:52 PM
Update on the Mod. Sorry for the missing pictures but i ran i to a damn headache with these things. So the liners are a pain to do. The g10 is so thin it feels almost impossible to get the knife back together properly. Making them myself is maybe out of the question. I managed to take my climber apart but the pins i ordered were so hit and miss. Some fit the holes some didnt so i ended up using the original pins and taking out the can opener, hook and bottle opener until i van figure out why they wouldnt go through the original liners. I ordered them
Straight from F2S’s Youtube link. I have the small pins ob order as well so i dont have to take one of the bigger ones to my sanding belt. My main issue was not taking nearly enough pictures to document how every layer should look. With the proper equipment it wont be as much trouble as i experienced trying it. Now i just have to get my Huntsman back together. In due time

us Offline Enginears

Reply #34 on: December 15, 2022, 08:50:27 PM
Update on the Mod. Sorry for the missing pictures but i ran i to a damn headache with these things. So the liners are a pain to do. The g10 is so thin it feels almost impossible to get the knife back together properly. Making them myself is maybe out of the question. I managed to take my climber apart but the pins i ordered were so hit and miss. Some fit the holes some didnt so i ended up using the original pins and taking out the can opener, hook and bottle opener until i van figure out why they wouldnt go through the original liners. I ordered them
Straight from F2S’s Youtube link. I have the small pins ob order as well so i dont have to take one of the bigger ones to my sanding belt. My main issue was not taking nearly enough pictures to document how every layer should look. With the proper equipment it wont be as much trouble as i experienced trying it. Now i just have to get my Huntsman back together. In due time

That is a bummer about the pins you ordered. I have found that making the liners and scales to be quite difficult as well. Despite lining up the holes perfectly, the deflection of the drill bit and other factors make getting the proper precision really difficult. There is a dismantled climber here https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,81046.30.html but I do not see a Huntsman.

Offline MikeJay

Reply #35 on: December 17, 2022, 06:57:19 PM
This experience demonstrates what makes FTS (and others at his level) so good. It isn't the final product that displays his skill, it is the things he does behind the scenes such as the very detailed re-profiling. His vids are decidedly not a how-to, in fact the exact opposite they teach me how far NOT to go into modding!

Offline LSUisSEC

Reply #36 on: December 17, 2022, 08:28:29 PM
Well said indeed. That man has skill. And patience

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68