Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Juice replacement scales

us Offline hsherzfeld

Leatherman Juice replacement scales
on: December 19, 2022, 01:54:09 AM
I bought my first LM Juice ever, a CS4, in Leatherman's recent sell-off of their remaining Juice stock. After I received it, I bought an original, spear point Juice blade to replace the new, ugly semi-sheepsfoot blade. I bought 1/8" pivot barrels and screws to replace the rivets. I drilled out the rivets on the knife handle, which also happens to be the handle with the aluminum scales.

I made a sad botch of removing the rivets and basically destroyed the aluminum scales in the process. Not a huge loss, since the scales were the purple-gray "granite" color and I wasn't fond of it at all. But it leaves me with no scales once i reassemble the Juice.

I'd like to replace the aluminum scales with stainless steel scales to match the other handle. Does anyone know where I can find a pair of the stainless scales, or have any other ideas for replacement scale materials? Used Juice prices are crazy expensive, and I'm not confident in my ability to salvage usable scales from a donor Juice without messing them up with grind marks, etc.

Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool, Executive, Ambassador, Champion Plus
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Leatherman Juice replacement scales
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 12:19:17 AM
Simple to make if you have some basic tools. Grind cut shape install. Pretty straight forward and you can choose what material you like best.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%