Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

One handed tool opening on 91mm knives

Offline Red Ranger

One handed tool opening on 91mm knives
on: December 29, 2022, 08:18:19 PM
Watching TV and fidgeting with my new Climber, I discovered it’s possible to open several of the tools with only one hand, and without the aid of pressing the knife against anything else to support it. That’s kind of nice to know it’s possible, and I can think of a few uses (like when the day ever comes where I’ve been kidnapped and thrown in a box and can only reach my knife with one hand, LOL).

Anyway, in all seriousness, a few of these were less than easy to do, but some, like the canopener, were dead easy to do, and I managed to open them all with either one finger, or a finger and thumb, while holding the knife in one hand only. I got the: awl, hook, corkscrew, mini screwdriver, small blade, scissors, canopener, and cap lifter, all opened and closed again, with just one hand. I can get the toothpick and tweezers out and put them back again, also. Pretty much every tool on it, except the main blade. I even got the straight pin out with one hand but could not put it back again without the aid of holding the knife against my leg. I tried the main blade but just wasn’t able to get it out without risk of a serious cut so I didn’t push for that. EDIT - After some considerable effort, I got the main blade opened with one hand as well.

Anybody else tried this?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 08:36:45 PM by Red Ranger »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: One handed tool opening on 91mm knives
Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 12:16:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq7jFATETQo

11 year old video of me opening just about anything one handed.

We had a thread here about snapping the blades back closed that lead to this video, I made another one when a member doubted it's sharpness, but that got age restricted by YouTube 

us Offline Enginears

Re: One handed tool opening on 91mm knives
Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 01:06:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq7jFATETQo

11 year old video of me opening just  :facepalm:about anything one handed.

We had a thread here about snapping the blades back closed that lead to this video, I made another one when a member doubted it's sharpness, but that got age restricted by YouTube

I like the music on that video. I tried to do some OhO and failed :facepalm:, guess I need practice.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $98.12
PayPal Fees: $5.09
Net Balance: $93.03
Below Goal: $206.97
Site Currency: USD
31%