Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Love for the G

Zed · 761 · 85299

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Love for the G
Reply #750 on: August 08, 2022, 05:49:47 PM
I agree 💯 with you on the "new" watches.  Give me a G Shock every day!  They're tough, have more functions than I can imagine, and just look great doing it.  While I know there's places for the smart watches, my wrist isn't one of them!
Barry

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #751 on: August 08, 2022, 10:52:50 PM
My wife just got a new smarsmurfch smart watch...
The filter goes crazy again.

I didn't find it to be rambling at awl. In fact, it was a very good write-up! :tu:

While I know there's places for the smart watches, my wrist isn't one of them!
:iagree: 1,000%. There is no way I would have a "smart" watch.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #752 on: August 09, 2022, 04:40:23 AM
This might end up as a lot of rambling but I just have to praise the rangeman a bit more.

My wife just got a new smarsmurfch, the last one broke and since she work as a teacher she really likes to get her notifications on the wrist during class and meetings to see if it's something important that needs attention (something happened to the kids etc.) but she does not want to take up the phone because then it's "ok" for the students to do the same. I don't have this need, I work in a chemical plant where phones aren't allowed in the first place. But when she got the new one I did want one too. I was looking around but with my outdoor interests and training at the gym together with everyday life I ended up with the high end ones that cost an arm and a leg to get all the functions I wanted.

Then I do know that I might want this just for all the bells and whistles and not really needing it. So I borrowed a semi-smart watch from my doughter to try it out. I hated it! The notification function was really stressing, the step-counting was 30% off compared to my phone, the heart monitor was only interesting at the gym and that was about it. I used it for a day and then went back to my rangeman.

The rangeman have everything I need and use. Correct time, compass, barometric reading, stopwatch, countdown, alarm, date, sun rise and set time. I have had it for 6 or 7 years and never changed the battery. In the winter I put it in the window when working nights and sleeping during the time the sun is up and never have to worry about the watch not have battery.

It's tough as I don't know what, meaning I can have it on me no matter if I'm working on the car, renovation, gym, kayaking or reading in the sofa.

I just love this watch and have no desire to get something else. Or maybe a mudmaster one day bot other than that.. No

Go and get that Mudmaster!!!  Either GWG-1000 or GWG-2000 will do. 

I started off with a GWG-1000 Mudmaster. 

If there’s one thing that the Rangeman has that’s not on the Mudmaster, it’s the Sunrise & Sunset function.  Anyway, that’s readily available on any cellphone app.  The ABC sensors on G-shocks (Mudmaster, to be exact) are much much much better than what’s on my Garmin Instinct Tactical (which require constant alt resets even at home).  It’s interesting to track a typhoon come and go using the Mudmaster’s barometer….

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #753 on: August 09, 2022, 07:01:09 AM
Go and get that Mudmaster!!!  Either GWG-1000 or GWG-2000 will do. 

I started off with a GWG-1000 Mudmaster. 

If there’s one thing that the Rangeman has that’s not on the Mudmaster, it’s the Sunrise & Sunset function.  Anyway, that’s readily available on any cellphone app.  The ABC sensors on G-shocks (Mudmaster, to be exact) are much much much better than what’s on my Garmin Instinct Tactical (which require constant alt resets even at home).  It’s interesting to track a typhoon come and go using the Mudmaster’s barometer….

Who knows what the future holds, I would like to get a GWG-2000 but coming of a bathroom renovation and just got a new chainsaw so I will have to save up some funds first

The filter goes crazy again.

I didn't find it to be rambling at awl. In fact, it was a very good write-up! :tu:
 :iagree: 1,000%. There is no way I would have a "smart" watch.

Thanks!

I agree 💯 with you on the "new" watches.  Give me a G Shock every day!  They're tough, have more functions than I can imagine, and just look great doing it.  While I know there's places for the smart watches, my wrist isn't one of them!

Good to know I'm not alone

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #754 on: August 09, 2022, 11:30:25 AM
...just got a new chainsaw...

So what did you get.   :pok:

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #755 on: August 09, 2022, 01:24:16 PM
So what did you get.   :pok:

It's a stihl ms211c not a big professional one but a smaller, I don't take down big trees but smaller ones and cut up lumber before splitting it so I think it's a good size. Beats my old partner by a mile!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #756 on: August 09, 2022, 02:53:58 PM
It's a stihl ms211c not a big professional one but a smaller, I don't take down big trees but smaller ones and cut up lumber before splitting it so I think it's a good size. Beats my old partner by a mile!

Very nice. Got an old ms230c here. It gets used way more than the bigger saws.

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #757 on: August 09, 2022, 03:08:26 PM
Very nice. Got an old ms230c here. It gets used way more than the bigger saws.

I can understand that! Nice saw

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #758 on: February 27, 2023, 12:25:26 AM
My old 6600 from 2014. Wish I hadn’t thrown this one away when the battery died.

Using its newer cousin a Solar/Atomic 6900.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #759 on: February 27, 2023, 04:34:14 AM
 :tu: :tu:
Barry

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #760 on: February 27, 2023, 04:28:55 PM
Happens more than one would think.  Batteries are easy enough to replace or have replaced.  Solar means not having to think about that for a long while tho. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD