Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

So, what do I do now?

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
So, what do I do now?
on: March 25, 2023, 04:05:33 PM
Well, as I teased it for over a week, I got a new watch, I don't like the term Grail, so I'll call it what it is, Endgame.

This is a watch that I've always really liked the look of, but I've not actually thought about it for long because there were always better things to spend the money on.
So, when this literally fell into my lap at nowhere near the full price, I started thinking about what I'm going to do with it?

Well, some people would constantly wear it and be completely baller about it. Those of you who know me, know I'm a lot more discrete than that. So, no, it's not going to be an everyday watch. Do I sell it? Well, that's a good question, I don't have a pressing need for the money, I'm not rich, but I am comfortable. Would I like a bigger house/car etc? Possibly, but what I really need to do is ruthlessly clear up the smurf I already have.

Could I trade it in for a more expensive watch, yup, although trade in prices have taken a hammering, and I'm not sure what I'd replace it with. Audemars Piquet, Vacheron Constantine or Patek Phillipe. Yes, I could, but I have pretty strong views on those watches and there are good reasons behind them, well, in my mind anyway.

So, never say never, but I'm going to keep it, wear it very occasionally and enjoy it. Long term, it's unlikely to drop in value. The ultimate winner out of all this will be my Son, as he'll inherit the lot.

So, what would you do?
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: So, what do I do now?
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 04:29:12 PM
Exactly what you said: keep it, wear it from time to time and enjoy it!
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD