Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Charge Frankenstein Ti

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Leatherman Charge Frankenstein Ti
on: February 12, 2023, 01:06:55 AM
I have been adding and subtracting different implements on one of my Charge Ti(s) for years. This one has a rebar plier head (drops open and closed effortlessly), TTC Awl, TTC S35VN blade, Victorinox scissors, Metro’s No 4 scalpel holder and (my most recent addition) T-shank tool adapter. Modified the surge diamond/wood file to fit T shank adapter. Think I have it just about the way I like it, but hope a few of you will give me some other recommendations (inspiration). Everything else is stock (Can/bottle opener, Flathead driver, large and small bit holder.  Know most of you guys have your own Frankensteins lying around. Show them off on this thread if you like.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman Charge Frankenstein Ti
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 01:19:01 AM
It's alive!

Very nice!  :tu:   It's like a mini-Surge plus. 

You said that the inside tools were the same - assuming that it still has the Charge scissors inside, you should replace those with an awl.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 02:15:59 AM
This is really nice.  Well thought out. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 02:20:20 AM
It's alive!

Very nice!  :tu:   It's like a mini-Surge plus. 

You said that the inside tools were the same - assuming that it still has the Charge scissors inside, you should replace those with an awl.

Yep, did away with the minuscule scissor a while ago.  :tu:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 02:31:51 AM
Liking what I see, pa 8) :o :ahhh :like: :like:

gb Offline John Worledge

• Nerd and proud of it.
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 08:03:53 PM
Love this tti. I have been wanting a t-shank adapter like this for my tti but cannot find a suitable item. Where did you get yours? I have managed to adapt a 300EOD unit to my custom knife less Rebar as I have found the EOD saw blade to be immensely useful in my work and the Surge is to big and bulky for my edc needs. But the EOD unit is not really adaptable to the Charge and very difficult to find in the UK.
🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 and proud.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 09:40:44 PM
Believe it or not I found this T-shank adapter on eBay. The seller, which I have no affiliation with, is "originbicycle". I am not certain if he or she sells on the Great Britain eBay site, but I can definitely recommend the adapter. Drops in and works perfectly with no modifications. The only caveat would be if you want to use it in conjunction with the Leatherman diamond file. That requires grinding down T shank portion of the diamond file to 1 mm and decreasing the length to preference if you want it to close appropriately in the handle. Hope this helps.

gb Offline John Worledge

• Nerd and proud of it.
Reply #7 on: February 15, 2023, 06:53:43 PM
Thanks pa_strunk that was very helpful. However due to ebays piss poor interpretation of the UKs draconian knife laws Originbicycle cannot supply this item to the UK. So there is a business opportunity to our north American cousins to supply this kind of kit through etsy who have no such restrictions.
Do any of my fellow Britons have a solution to this infuriating problem?
🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 and proud.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD