Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman charge + woodland camo

Offline BrentBowman

Leatherman charge + woodland camo
on: February 16, 2023, 05:23:19 PM
Quick question about how durable the woodland camo finish is on a Charge +. It seems kind of delicate and looks like it would scratch up easy when I look at it, but then again some anodized finishes like on an AR15 are very durable. Has anyone carried one around for awhile and have any information they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thank you,
Brent Bowman

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Leatherman charge + woodland camo
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 07:47:38 PM
Welcome to :MTO: Brent :cheers:

I haven't carried that one but I do carry the Charge Plus and the anodization on it is very durable :salute: I have carried it for over 4 years and the scales still look great :tu:

This is a recent pic and other than some very small dings from dropping it, it still looks great :cheers:

I know this isn't an exact answer to your question but it may help in the decision making process :tu: hopefully someone who has carried one will be along and answer it better for you :salute:

Offline BrentBowman

Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 12:01:00 AM
Thanks for the response, that does help, your charge looks pretty nice for carrying it for 4 years. Hopefully someone that has used a woodland camo charge will come along and give me some more info. I have been wanting the woodland camo charge + but when I actually saw one I had the thought that I would be afraid to use it because it looked so nice.

nz Offline Pauldmmwc

Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 03:00:30 AM
Welcome to the Forum Brent. 
Now this is where you will find help on MTs  but it may also be the start of something that seems to have no end.
Get the Woodland Charge because they are pretty and use it only on special occasions.
Then you will need a Stainless Charge for your  EDc and then you will need a BO Charge and then you might as well get an orange one and then while you are it the red ones are cool as well.
You will get led astray here . Do not listen to people like me.  :D
Then I see I do not have BO Charge so there goes my plan not buy a new LM this month.  The Bo in the pic is only a Wave .

welcome again.
PD  :cheers:

* charge.jpg (Filesize: 216.73 KB)
Semper Sitienti !!

Offline BrentBowman

Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 05:00:52 AM
Thanks for the advice, that is how my mind tends to work so I will probably follow your advice and will end up with the woodland camo charge. Hopefully I won't end up having quite the Charge collection that you have?

Thanks again,
Brent Bowman

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69