Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do I have incoming in 2029?

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
What do I have incoming in 2029?
on: December 25, 2022, 08:13:06 PM
The Boss!!! I’m at the age when I remembered the Big 3. Finally decided that it was time to get a CRK and decided the Zaan will do. Hopefully I still have my marbles by the time this arrives.

I look forward to necro open this thread when it arrives and posting pics.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: What do I have incoming in 2029?
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 09:10:15 PM
 :o Wow
Barry

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 09:55:17 PM
I thought that was a typo until I saw the image! Six years of  :ahhh
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 10:33:20 PM
I couldn't wait that long.  I don't think I could wait any part of that and have my money tied up for that long even if it was only a deposit.  I just couldn't trust the maker to stay alive or in business for that long while they're holding my money.  I'd rather pay a premium price to buy one from somebody that already has one and I'd have it in my hands inside of a week and be playing with it for six years while you're still waiting for yours.  Don't worry about me buying up all the used Chris Reeves knives anytime soon though.  The last knife I bought was $20.00 and nearly broke the budget.
 :facepalm:

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 25, 2022, 10:50:01 PM
I just thought the wait time was funny so I posted.

Yeah crazy stuff. But…good news and this is why I decided to place the order. No deposit, only collect payment when ready. The website did say they’ll try to honor the price but may go up depending on parts etc. Which I kinda expect. But fingers crossed it will be an upgrade. Magnacut? Adamantium? Vibranium? Check out below and tell me what you think. Seems risk free.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #5 on: December 26, 2022, 01:27:09 AM
It does sound like less of a risk without a deposit, but it is still a 6 year wait.   :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
In 6 years, if I'm still alive, I probably wouldn't even remember I had ordered anything, and couldn't guarantee I'd have enough money to cover it unless I had set the money aside when I placed the order.  That may be safer than a deposit, but it means my money is still being held up for 6 years.  I guess if you have the money to spare (now) you could set the money aside by buying a CD so you could earn 4 or 5% interest while waiting for the knife.  Unfortunately, anytime I have a "spare" thousand dollars laying around karma throws an emergency dental surgery or truck repair my way. ::)

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 26, 2022, 02:29:10 AM
It does sound like less of a risk without a deposit, but it is still a 6 year wait.   :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
In 6 years, if I'm still alive, I probably wouldn't even remember I had ordered anything, and couldn't guarantee I'd have enough money to cover it unless I had set the money aside when I placed the order.  That may be safer than a deposit, but it means my money is still being held up for 6 years.  I guess if you have the money to spare (now) you could set the money aside by buying a CD so you could earn 4 or 5% interest while waiting for the knife.  Unfortunately, anytime I have a "spare" thousand dollars laying around karma throws an emergency dental surgery or truck repair my way. ::)

Believe or not, my thoughts exactly. So I figured why the heck not? What do I have to lose. If by some miracle someone changes their mind and I get an early spot then I just won the lottery.

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 26, 2022, 02:30:21 AM
Oops double post. But the 2nd one is what I meant to say.

Believe or not, my thoughts exactly. So I figured why the heck not? What do I have to lose. If by some miracle someone changes their mind and I get an early spot then I just won the lottery. If I forget about this 6 years from and this shows up on my doorstep….what a surprise!!!

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 03:43:50 AM
It will give you motivation to live that long.

Kinda like a doctor scheduling an appointment  within next 6 months or 1 year.  He expects to see you and the why let him down. 
A knife 6 years from now, yep!  Us knife collectors are truly an ODD LOT!
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 03:46:37 AM
I’m probably weirder then most  :multi:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: December 28, 2022, 03:54:44 AM
Thats a heck of a wait for most things.  Seems easy enough tho since no money transacts.  I hope we'll see this bumped and I'm alive to post. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 28, 2022, 04:13:55 AM
Thanks. Also I signed up in the notify me if available in Blade HQ. From the CRK videos it might be quicker as they make the bulk of their production for retailers (90%) and direct orders 2nd.

But so is everybody and their brother signs up so that usually goes out quick.

So we’ll see.  Honestly did this more as a lark but of course if I get it I will be enormously happy as a grail knife. By then I have walked a number of years on this Earth and hopefully did my best to be a good person, father, husband and worker. It will be a nice present to myself.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%