Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dropping a Cellidor SAK

sd Offline Andetto

• Am old school, I still believe in respect.
Dropping a Cellidor SAK
on: February 04, 2023, 05:31:27 AM
As the subject says, this is my worst nightmare.
Dropping a Swiss champ is the sadist, you will most probably get a deformed, cracked or chipped scale and definetly a bent liner.
Make me nervous when someone ask to borrow my knife, even a friend.
 :facepalm:
Regards
Andetto

nl Offline EMZ

Re: Dropping a Cellidor SAK
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 07:49:14 PM
Andetto, I have several Champs and other SAK's. Most are for collecting, but I also have some that I EDC. In case one of my collection knives would be damaged, it would be a mental disaster. However if the EDC knives get some rough abuse, I don't care much. To me these are just tools.

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 09:25:37 PM
Largest SAK that I carry is a Deluxe Tinker.
I've dropped it a few times and only scratched the scales up some, but like EMZ said I consider these tools.  I've bought a couple SAKs  that had cracked scales that I fixed up with some JB Weld.

But, as EMZ also said if I damaged some of my collection knives I'd certainly be upset.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 09:28:06 PM
That's why I have knives for the collection and knives for EDC.

My most carried EDC SAKs are my first Swisschamp and my Huntsman.  Both are heavily used and carried (the Huntsman has been in my pocket at work for the past 12 years or so), and both have been dropped, been in pockets next to car keys or the key to my locker at work and apart from a lot of  scratches, some chips and dings, and a small crack (in the scale of the Huntsman), both are still working great, no bent liners either.

And scales can easily be replaced (I don't do that because the scars add character), and in case of a bent liner, Victorinox offers an awesome repair service. 

Or you can use it as an excuse to buy a new one 😉.

us Offline Explorer

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 09:12:06 PM
I’m with you Andetto dropping a cellidor SAK is not cool  :ahhh
Upon joining this forum I was a 100% Cellidor guy but since dropping a few too many I’ve been getting more into Alox.

Most of the cellidor drops however were pretty uneventful with the exception of one- an Outdoorsman. It was dropped on a concrete floor from about 5 feet up and the scale on one side cracked where it connects to the rivet inside and just rattles loose now.

Luckily the liners didn’t bend but on the side where it hit the floor is the blade which now opens a bit slower. The knife is still usable but it ain’t the same. Now I’ve dropped my Farmer X on concrete and...
no problem- it’s built like a tank  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $142.99
PayPal Fees: $8.01
Net Balance: $134.98
Below Goal: $165.02
Site Currency: USD