Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

No compromise plus scales setup / reverse toothpick?

us Offline Winton0q

• New User
No compromise plus scales setup / reverse toothpick?
on: February 17, 2023, 03:32:58 PM
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Great to be here! I’ve googled and I’ve searched this forum and can’t find anything on the topic of a toothpick that’s designed to go into the tweezers slot on 91 mm plus scales.

I opened up the short tweezer hole on my plus scales so that I could add a fire fly to the toothpick slot but now the toothpick looks a bit funky going where the full-size tweezers usually go. Does anyone know if the toothpick is available with a reversed head to go in the tweezers slot?

Not sure if I’m being too picky about how it looks when it’s done, I know the toothpick technically fits in there, and I can round it off to make it smooth, but would just be nice if there was something already designed to fit in there properly.

Thanks so much everyone!

I will be adding these scales to my Explorer, which carries my mini screwdriver in the corkscrew and some fire starting tinder. I preferred not to get rid of the mini screwdriver for a fire ant.

us Offline Enginears

Re: No compromise plus scales setup / reverse toothpick?
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 04:22:11 PM
I was thinking maybe you could get a 58 or 74mm toothpick and file it to the profile of the tweezer but I don’t know how well it would stay in.

An alternative that would allow you to keep the standard tweezers would be putting the toothpick next to the tweezers.

Then you can have the second set of small tweezers filed to a point, regular tweezers, firefly and toothpick.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%