Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Imperial Schrade Cutlery (ISC), Germany Parts in Vic Mods?

us Offline chewbacca

I couldn't find anything using the forum search on this.

I just scored a NOS Imperial Schrade Century Orion.  I was wondering if anyone had used parts from these knives on their Victorinox builds.  I like using the combo tool on my 91mm customs, and Compacts are getting pretty expensive on EvilBay.  (I know I could drill out the combo tool from a Bantam or Waiter, but they sit different.)  If I can pick these knives up cheap they might be a good source for the combo tool.  Also, you'll notice the Phillips driver is mirror image to a Vic, so there is an opportunity to eliminate the Phillips/corkscrew debate and add both!

* ISC_Century_Orion (2).jpg (Filesize: 302.03 KB)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 05:50:35 PM by chewbacca »

us Offline Enginears

Re: Imperial Schrade Cutlery (ISC), Germany Parts in Vic Mods?
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 02:30:15 PM
I have seen it done on youtube. I think the main difference is the ISC tools are thinner than the Victorinox equivalents. There are also some adler messer SAK copies that can be had, but the current listings are all from Germany, which makes the price including shipping almost the same as ordering a Compact for me.

00 Offline SAKTaschenmesser

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 04:24:18 PM
My understanding, but only from memory, is Adler put together ISCs, there was a relationship between Adler and Victorinox and Mikov eventually took over the Adler line.

I have an ISC with Combo-opener put away for a rainy day which I bought from a company that bought up redundant/surplus Adler stock. I have mixed/repaired Victorinox with Adler parts. It was some time ago, but I think I came to the conclusion that mixing layers was fine, but not tools within a layer due to minor differences in tolerances. So, if you use an Adler or ISC Combo-opener, use the whole layer Combo-opener, blade and spring, although whatever the mix is you can test before peening.

us Offline chewbacca

Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 02:43:48 PM
Thanks for the info gents.  The seller had three more NOS Orion knives, so I picked them up. 

Also, I was wrong about the mirror image Phillips, that is on a different German-made SAK-type knife.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%