Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Tool Spirit MX version confusion

Offline From0toHero

• New User
Swiss Tool Spirit MX version confusion
on: March 25, 2023, 11:30:16 AM
Hi all together and thanx for creating a forum to be able to discuss Multitool related stuff.
I just bought over the internet a Swiss Tool Spirit MX Silver Blister for 129.- Swiss Francs (Model Number : 3.0224.MKB1)
After i ordered this model i visited the website again and saw to my surprise a further Model  called Swiss Tool  MX Spirit
With model number 3.0224.MN for 149.- Swiss Francs
The Model number 3.0224.MKB1 for 129.- is stated to have aluminum handles while the 3.0224.MN is stated to have steel handles. Even weirder the “aluminum” model is stated to even have a aluminum blade. Now im confused. Are there two different Spirit MX Models? Or is one older one newer? Are there really Spirits with aluminum handles?

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Re: Swiss Tool Spirit MX version confusion
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 03:28:27 PM
Hi all together and thanx for creating a forum to be able to discuss Multitool related stuff.
I just bought over the internet a Swiss Tool Spirit MX Silver Blister for 129.- Swiss Francs (Model Number : 3.0224.MKB1)
After i ordered this model i visited the website again and saw to my surprise a further Model  called Swiss Tool  MX Spirit
With model number 3.0224.MN for 149.- Swiss Francs
The Model number 3.0224.MKB1 for 129.- is stated to have aluminum handles while the 3.0224.MN is stated to have steel handles. Even weirder the “aluminum” model is stated to even have a aluminum blade. Now im confused. Are there two different Spirit MX Models? Or is one older one newer? Are there really Spirits with aluminum handles? (Image removed from quote.)
Welcome aboard!

According to the Victorinox USA official site, the 3.0224.MN is the polished version of the Spirit with scissors and OHO blade.  The 3.0224.MKB1 is the same tool, except that it also includes the pocket clip.

AFAIK, all Swiss Tools and Swiss Tool Spirits have stainless steel handles, and of course stainless steel blades.  I believe claims of an aluminum version are in error.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 05:08:41 PM
Aluminium handles are gonna sound just right next Saturday  :facepalm:
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 12:13:54 AM
I've always dreamed of titanium handles on the Swisstool  :dd:
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00