Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

REVIEW: Nouobiio 17 IN 1 multi-tool

us Offline Old Happy Tiger

REVIEW: Nouobiio 17 IN 1 multi-tool
on: January 27, 2023, 12:29:07 AM
*Somewhere in South East, U.S.A.......
.....A man opens up a package that was delivered. There he says to himself: “This is EXACTLY what I was I looking for.”

Nouobiio 17 IN 1 multi-tool

tool.jpg
* tool.jpg (Filesize: 283.71 KB)

Hello everyone! A New year.. and new review. For an adventure, I’m going up to a mountain area in a few months, and I wanted a lightweight multi-tool to travel with. The Nouobiio multi-tool I bought off of Amazon for about $23.00 USD. I saw this same multi-tool under different brand stamps (common for one Chinese factories to do). The same multi-tool went for $ 49.00 to $69.00 so finding it for $23.00 was a good. (To note, the tool on the very right hand side is a very pointed awl.. sorry that got chopped from the pic.)

The steel is 420, there is no reference to the type of 420 and I do not think it is high carbon (HC).

There is no problems with the push top locks for the tools that look the same as the Sunbird multi-tool that I reviewed last year. The saw, knife and scissors have liner locks.

As always, I cleaned the entire multi-tool with Dawn dish soap as a degreaser. I’ll be cleaning it again, then I’ll use some olive or corn oil on the pivot points as I may use the knife for very small food cutting and processing. I know, that I’ll have to clean the multi-tool more from food use and also corn oil and olive oil can get rancid… So I’ll have to clean and then reapply. I plan to do this just for the short term then I’ll clean it again and use gun oil.

I lost/mis-placed my torx/star drivers, I believe the pivot point at T-8 or T-9 just eye-balling it.

Pros:
It’s a great tool and it’s light as the handle has “cutouts” in them, like skeleton handles.

I also did not mention that it would have been $20.00 USD, but I went with the $23.00 USD version as it comes with a “kit” of bit drivers, straight, philips and hex.

Solid tools and work as intended, pliers have removable cutters (see below on Cons list).

Knife is wicked sharp, no need to hone the edge. Also, the saw is really sharp.

It is light but still handle feel really strong and thick.

Cons:
The sheath looks kind of cheap with “see-through” cut outs towards the bottom. I will probably get a real leather carry sheath for it later down the road.

The manufacturer does not sell replacement cutters for the pliers. I have to check and see if Leatheman or Gerber may make them, if so.. I may spend some more money on the to see if they fit this MT.

Conclusion:
For the price of $23.00 it’s worth it and I’ll be putting it through it paces. Initially, it will be going with me to work so I can see how it holds up before my mountain trip.- OHT
"One day as a tiger is worth a thousand as a sheep."

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Re: REVIEW: Nouobiio 17 IN 1 multi-tool
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 05:20:39 AM
I have no clue how to pronounce Nouobiio, but it seems like a solid value. Thanks for the review! :cheers:
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 12:46:44 PM
 :iagree: it surely is a good deal and I hope it holds up to use over time :tu: :like:

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 04:15:40 PM
This tool (not brand) has been available for as low as $10 at times on Amazon, which is a steal. $23 is still a bargain  :tu:
The scissors from the first one of these I bought reside in my Charge knife.

Good review, OHT  :tu: :tu:

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 06:40:28 PM
I have no clue how to pronounce Nouobiio, but it seems like a solid value. Thanks for the review! :cheers:

You are Welcome,  I don't know how to say the brand name either, but yes so far it seems soild. I forgot my pock knife yesterday as I was rushing to a work site but I had this new muti-tool with me. The knife came in handy and again it's really ultra sharp.

Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 06:46:12 PM
:iagree: it surely is a good deal and I hope it holds up to use over time :tu: :like:

Hello.. Thanks I also hope it holds up over time. I will say that all of the multi-tools that I bought last year, I have really worked them hard out in the field, and like I updated each of those review I have them in certain bags or on me. This one, I'm testing out a bit harder as it needs to pass my approval before I travel in the mountain area that I'll be at in a few months.

The main goal is having a light multi-tool on my belt when traveling thru certain states. And certain states only allow open carry as it has a knife. Other I can conceal carry if I wanted to.

Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 06:48:28 PM
This tool (not brand) has been available for as low as $10 at times on Amazon, which is a steal. $23 is still a bargain  :tu:
The scissors from the first one of these I bought reside in my Charge knife.

$10.00 USD? If you find that on Amazon, let me know and I buy another one. That must of been before inflation.  The scissors I also like , those work well.

Good review, OHT  :tu: :tu:

Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 07:54:04 PM
So I had to replace the fill valve in my toilet today. And I was able to get the couplers undone they were not bad at all. What I did not notice at first, is the rubber washer was inside the old fill valve (the bottom of the "pipe". So I used the multi tool pliers to actually get up into the old fill valve and retrieve the rubber washer I needed as not having that washer is a single point of failure. So now we are sanitizing the multi tool and will put gun oil on it and not use it for any sort food prep'... Not that I don't trust my cleaning skills.. but just the thought..LOL

Again, I'm testing this "real world" before I carry it up to the moutain area that I'll be going to a few months away (in town not like hiking and living out deep in the "woods").. But so far, not bad.

1 - Copy.jpg
* 1 - Copy.jpg (Filesize: 50.23 KB)

2 - Copy.jpg
* 2 - Copy.jpg (Filesize: 121.45 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: February 02, 2023, 08:25:43 PM
Glad that it is still working out :salute: :like:

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 03, 2023, 08:51:20 PM
I used the multi tool pliers to actually get up into the old fill valve and retrieve the rubber washer I needed as not having that washer is a single point of failure. So now we are sanitizing the multi tool and will put gun oil on it and not use it for any sort food prep'... Not that I don't trust my cleaning skills.. but just the thought..LOL

I'll just point out that the fill valve should only be in contact with potable water.
- Steve

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #10 on: February 04, 2023, 04:18:15 AM

Were I to venture a guess, I'd say "Noo-oh-BEE-oh"..... maybe "Noo-OH-bee-oh".

Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 05:03:01 PM
I'll just point out that the fill valve should only be in contact with potable water.

Sure the water is clean from the pipe.. And respectfully... You are more than Welcome to stop by any time and drink a few cups of said "potable" water direct from the tank... Or, wait a few years when the fill valve needs to be replaced, and I'll let drink any water that is still inside it.   :pok:

The water that was inside that fill valve is / was not clean.. far from it. Regardless of the initial water source (and popular belief) once the water enters the tank, it is not clean because of previous water sitting in the tank. There are sediments and other contaminants in the tank that builds up, and all of that DOES get into the fill valve.

In a survival scenario, if you had a filter and/or also boiled and treated the water... sure, maybe it would be ok enough to drink and use.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 05:09:34 PM by Old Happy Tiger »

Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023, 04:24:58 PM
I've been wearing this almost every day on my belt, a bit over a month now. I have found, that this multi is sold under many brand names. Also the price varies and with the bit kit that came with this tool, it's worth the price at the time of purchase.

I've cut foam pipe fittings with the saw, stripped wire from the wire cutters, and used the philps screwdriver more then a few times. The knife, while not the hardest steel, I can re-hone shaving sharp it's a great knife. So far, it's still holding up really well. I'm going to continue to wear and use it as much as possible. As of now, for every day carry it seems great. Still planning carry it when I head up to a mountain area a few months from now.

Reply #13 on: April 08, 2023, 01:14:20 PM
I'm back from the mountain area that is to the north of my current location, I was up there about a week and half. This multi tool is still holding up really well. When I was traveling, on some of my down time, I bought some 1 inch in diameter hardwood dowels for a project, and I forgot afterwards that I did not have any saw with me. Instead of going back to the store and buying one, I use the saw that is on this multi tool, and again no issues. Lockup was good and the saw blade is still sharp after multiple use, I'm glad I had this with me.

It's not a collectors item, but for every day tasks, this one is really good. -OHT
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 01:22:09 PM by Old Happy Tiger »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44