Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

O Ring Stopper for Citizen Brycen?

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
O Ring Stopper for Citizen Brycen?
on: May 06, 2023, 02:13:19 AM
  Bought a Citizen Eco Drive Brycen not long ago, and had ordered a Nemesis wide watchband for it. The look was terrific. Do not recall having an issue with the Tachymeter going off on its own. I was reviewing the watchband here, and edited a few times,

While the Nemesis watchband looked terrific, it was when the roller bar went missing :think: it surprised me that I did not lose the watch. While I replaced that cheap dumb tin roller bar with some scrap steel tubing, the buckle itself felt cheap. It moved apart quite easily putting the steel tube in as a replacement roller bar.
  Liked the band as it protected the buttons when I was working/wearing the watch, and have ordered a custom band from Etsy (Vietnam vendor).

Went to using a Zulu watchband but the tachymeter's button get pressed far too easily. Slipped the smallest O ring I could find at Home Depot over the button, yet sadly it is not tight enough to stop the button from being activated. Was wondering if anyone happened to find a small enough O ring that can stop inadvertent button presses? If so, what size did you use?

Am trying to ween myself off the Apple iWatch Series 6, and get back to having a real watch. For now the eco drive is on the left wrist, and the Apple watch on the right hand. Makes no sense wearing two watches on the same arm, but I thought about it a few times.  :rofl:

* NemesisWatchBand.jpg (Filesize: 117.82 KB)

* IMG_E0252.jpg (Filesize: 172.36 KB)
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: O Ring Stopper for Citizen Brycen?
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 02:40:35 PM
That's a nice looking watch sir!  Like that band :tu:
Barry

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Re: O Ring Stopper for Citizen Brycen?
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 01:34:26 PM
There isn't a quick fix for that, you could try keyboard o rings (Amazon) or wear it further away from the wrist. The German Bund style may work better with the cover on it?
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD