Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

October Spirits a Haunting 60 Day Challenge

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: October Spirits a Haunting 60 Day Challenge
Reply #1380 on: February 13, 2024, 02:47:25 PM
~
I have friends that are pushing me to get one, or a Garmin version, with all the outdoor activities I do.  I just might take them up on it.
There are advantages, the downside is having to charge the watch, iWatch maybe every day if you utilize the activity monitor for long periods. (My experience)

I keep meaning to study up on Garmins, I know they a little more costly, and a tough built wrist gadget.  I have acquaintances from the Y that sport this brand, two are Ironman athletes, usually doing an event every other month, some in other parts of  the world.
Another is an extreme hiker and traveler.   Elevation readouts as well as compass is his  thing (GPS)

Sounds like you’ve had a pretty tough time there mate, glad you’ve been able to get through it and make the most of life :hatsoff:
~
:cheers:
Yes, tough, yet there others that I know facing  even tougher challenges.

Doing what I need to do, when no one is watching. Is my thing that the watch does not let me lax.  You do it or you do not!  Only you know, the watch lets me track, no fooling it.

In many ways it is a novelty, like FolderBeholder showed me her Snoopy theme watch face, really cool feature.

Thank you for “cheers”.  :cheers:  (Ginger beer)

If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #1381 on: February 13, 2024, 04:05:34 PM
Gordon, do you have an iPhone that you pair your watch with?  I've been an android user as long as I've carried a Smart phone, but my youngest has one of the refurbed iPhones and swears by it.  I'm thinking about trying one when the phone I currently carry dies.  I'd give the watch a shot then. 
Barry

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1382 on: February 13, 2024, 04:54:35 PM
Yes,  as far as smart phones it is the only style I have used after the BlackBerry   
My  employer for parking construction provided iPhones, so after I retired I bought a iPhone 7. 
Was happy with and late last fall I treated myself to a iPhone  15 Pro.   The 7’s battery  performance was fading and the 7 was EOL

I like the iMessage feature that Apple provides for text. Handy when out of country but can connect with WiFi, text messages from other iPhones arrive to phone without having to have Roam on for cellular. For vacation use.   

If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%