Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

10 inch Multi-Function Locking Pliers

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
10 inch Multi-Function Locking Pliers
on: June 08, 2023, 03:05:38 AM
This is my latest multi tool purchase.  This is the 10-inch Multi-Function Locking Pliers from Tractor Supply. This is the bigger brother of the Schrade Vise-Grips Toolbox. You might call this one the Tractor Supply Tool Chest! 🤣🤣🤣

The tool set includes two blades, regular and serrated (listed as a saw), a full 3d Phillips screwdriver and a combination flat screwdriver and bottle opener. None of the tools lock.  The pliers have slightly curved jaws and anvil style wire cutters.

It is a beast, weighing in at 1.52 pounds (691 grams)

* VideoCapture_20230607-195227.jpg (Filesize: 239.2 KB)

* VideoCapture_20230607-195209.jpg (Filesize: 297.38 KB)

* VideoCapture_20230607-195155.jpg (Filesize: 302.75 KB)
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: 10 inch Multi-Function Locking Pliers
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 08:59:12 AM
That is a bit random.   :cheers:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 04:37:04 PM
That is a bit random.   :cheers:

I'm surprised there haven't been more of these.
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #3 on: June 10, 2023, 08:42:39 AM
It is a beast, weighing in at 1.52 pounds (691 grams)

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee: 
"That's not a Multi-Function Locking Pliers tool, THIS is a Multi-Function Locking Pliers tool."   :pok:   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 01:38:38 AM
To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee: 
"That's not a Multi-Function Locking Pliers tool, THIS is a Multi-Function Locking Pliers tool."   :pok:   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 06:41:33 PM
Pretty much any time I need Vise Grips, my 6LN and 5WR do most of it. I have an early Petersen variant of the 10R that gets used a LOT.  A 10R with multitool features is definitely along the lines of the oddball lower-end tools TSC tends to stock in those gray bins. And I have a lot of them--chances are, even when I'm in the TSC for sheep feed, there's a Schleich horse, an ERTL tractor, and some tool from the gray bins in my cart as well.   

The IRwin Toolbox variants from a few years back weren't the greatest. The blade was hard to use, and the bit driver was folding up on me every time I used it. I have 2x 6LN and a 5WR. One of the 6LNs I got years after these were discontinued at a local Ollie's, and it's still carded.

Are these a current item at Tractor Supply? If so, I'm definitely getting one!   I use a Kershaw A-100 for my "Vise Grip Multitool" tasks and it's saved my rear a lot. Eventually, it's getting retired in favor of a Crunch, as the A-100 has to be on my belt or in a toolbag due to its size.

I kinda wish they'd used previous clones (I know clones of both the A-100 and Crunch exist) that were a bit more well, compact.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 11, 2023, 11:38:29 PM
..... Are these a current item at Tractor Supply? If so, I'm definitely getting one!   I use a Kershaw A-100 for my "Vise Grip Multitool" tasks and it's saved my rear a lot. Eventually, it's getting retired in favor of a Crunch, as the A-100 has to be on my belt or in a toolbag due to its size.

I don't think they are current, I couldn't find them online. I picked this one up on ebay.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%