Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG PowerAccess Assist assembly screws?

Lars · 3 · 2409

Offline Lars

• New User
SOG PowerAccess Assist assembly screws?
on: June 19, 2023, 11:37:08 PM
Hi and thank you for the hospitality.
I am a new member here.

I live in Denmark, Scandinavia.

I have this 2021 SOG Power Access Assist but unfortunatlely one of the screws keeping this tool together was apparently lost without notice.

Now I have issues finding these screws, which I have read somewhere, should be a kind of "pivot screws".
Does these screws have a name and some exact measurements?

I urgently need my SOG with me on an intercontinental adventure motorcycle ride starting first of July this year.
I wish I could find those screws locally or in some internet shop with the screws in stock in Sweden, Denmark, Germany.

In case I can not find a whole set, the one I very much is in need of is in the plier end of the tool.

Any advise or help will be highly appreciated.

I apologize if my English language is filled with mistakes. I am Danish and language is not really my strong side.
;-)
Please forgive me.

Kind regards

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Re: SOG PowerAccess Assist assembly screws?
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 12:28:03 AM
With such short notice I don't think SOG could get one to you. If it was me I would go to my local hardware store and go through the bolts looking for one that would be the right thread and depth as what comes with the tool. That should get you through your trip until you hear back from SOG. Do to these being manufactured overseas I don't see parts being available but you never know.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: SOG PowerAccess Assist assembly screws?
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 09:07:39 AM
I'm pretty sure it's some kind of weird (for us Europeans) inch measurement on the screw so finding one in a hardware store might be hard.
You could check if there is a shop selling folding knife hardware in your area or online brisa.fi usually has a good selection.
 You could send SOG an email asking for the size and threads so you don't have to guess :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%