Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LynchNW v2.7x All Access Pass

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
LynchNW v2.7x All Access Pass
on: June 20, 2023, 12:31:10 AM
Lynch North West was started by a man with a dream. Casey Lynch had a Para 2 and felt it deserved a better pocket clip. He didn't like the prices on titanium clips at the time and set out to make his own. The idea to build a better pocket clip cascaded into many projects, including titanium prybars. Lynch in the community is synonymous with quality and his pry bars are high prized. Today we are taking a look at the All Access Pass v2.7x.

The All Access Pass (AAP from this point forward) is what I would call their standard model. They have a few others designs but this one is what I see most people carrying. The AAP is a titanium pry bar coming in at 4.1 inches long, .92 inches in width and weighs 1.16oz. I like a pry bar to be somewhere around the 4 inch mark so this one is perfect. If a pry is too small, it's left to lighter duty work due to leverage.

Using titanium (6AL-4V) as a prybar medium I perfect because titanium has really good tensile strength. It's as strong as steel but weighs 40% less. When it comes to strength it can stretch almost half it's length before failing. Titanium pulls and deforms under stress rather than snapping like steel. I've really been putting AAP through it's paces and have not noticed any flex.

The prybar is perfectly shaped and contoured to your hand, I don't think I have used a more comfortable pry to be honest. The shape makes it a joy to use when prying something that uses both left-right or up-down motion. I also found the sandwash finish (anything like bead blasting?), makes it easy to hold on to the handle. It's smooth yet tactile enough that it doesn't slip when using the tool. Popping open a cold one works well, no problems grabbing the lip of the cap, and didn't have any slipping while lifting the cap. When your opening a drink, it's never fancy unless it's done with Ti right?

The angle on the pry end is really great, it's sharp enough to open packages or for making a marking on something. The edge is thin enough to get under most of what I need a pry for and wide enough that I can use it as a makeshift scraper. The AAP also comes with what passes as a nail puller, I hadn't had an opportunity to use it yet. I feel it would only work on something like those found for hanging pictures.

What good is a Lynch pry without circling back to what started this company, a titanium pocket clip. The deep carry clip is held in place by a single torx screw. It's set into the pry so that it's flush and doesn't get hung up on your pocket. The clip is really nice, flares just the right amount at the end, and the top is wide enough that it will fit over just about everything you clip it to.

The Lynch AAP lives up to the hype, and it's awesome that it's made right here in the USA. It can't say enough good things about this prybar. If I only carry one pry the rest of my days I'm sure this one would be it, if not in the top 3.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Re: LynchNW v2.7x All Access Pass
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 06:07:18 AM
Looks like it's a pretty nice tool. Thanks for sharing your impressions! :cheers:
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Re: LynchNW v2.7x All Access Pass
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 04:30:58 AM
All Access Pass. The perfect name for an edc pry bar. :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00