Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Time Lord Level 2 Request

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Time Lord Level 2 Request
on: July 03, 2023, 09:55:16 PM
I’ve apparently become a low level collector of Casio watches. Attached is a pic with the three I wear most frequently (from left to right).

DB36-1AV: My travel watch. Selected for meeting the following criteria: 5 bar water resist (enough that I don’t have to worry about it in the pool, snorkeling on vacation, etc.), backlight, and two USER DEFINED time zones. My wife likes to go on cruises, and when I went on my first one last year, being able to set my own timezone was very helpful. Ship time didn’t always match local gps time, phones didn’t always update, etc. All I had to know what whether I was on the primary time or dual time and I was set. Bonus: 5 (seemingly excessive) alarms, and a databank phonebook function. Not super useful, but a fun extra.

CA53W-1: My daily driver. It’s a calculator! Not much more to be said. Cheap and durable enough for day to day wear, and the calculator function is a great conversation starter. I get a compliment on it at least once every week or two (which is more than I’ve ever gotten for everything else I’ve worn combined). The black is understated enough that it’s not gaudy if I do dress up a bit, and I prefer the “dark on light” display to the reverse that many of the other CA53s have. I’m not saying it got me my last job, but the interview team sure liked it.

A100WE-1AVT: My wedding watch. Not quite Ripley’s F-100 from Alien, but cheaper and (arguably) better looking. I didn’t buy it specifically for the wedding, but I did wind up putting it on that day, so that’s what I’ll always think of it as. Not as many bells and whistles, just a slightly dressier digital with some happy memories, and a link to one of my favorite movies.

* tl2.jpg (Filesize: 28.93 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Time Lord Level 2 Request
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 09:29:30 AM
Time badge upgraded and Tween badge awarded.   :tu:

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 01:33:26 PM
Thank you!  :hatsoff:

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 04:47:46 AM
A cool and interesting group. Congratulations on the upgrade!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%