Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman crunch changing parts?

Offline Bjorn Björnson

• New User
Leatherman crunch changing parts?
on: July 10, 2023, 11:51:51 AM
Hello
I have a Leatherman crunch and i like it so far 👍🏻
The only thing 🤔  Is it  possible to  change the file to  a wood cutting blade and the bottle opener  to  a real can opener ?   
Which Leatherman multitool shares the same type of blades and tools with the crunch ?  can anyone help me out ? 🤔
With best regards Björn from Germany 👍🏻 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Leatherman crunch changing parts?
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 12:10:13 PM
Welcome to :MTO:  :cheers:

It is possible to do anything but finding the parts might be tricky :think: :ahhh

I have taken Crunches apart for cleaning but never swapped tools out and it has been so long ago that I completely forget what the pivots look like :facepalm: I know we have several members here that have modded them and maybe they will be along to help :salute:

Just going out on a limb, I would say the the saw from a LM Blast might work but have to be shortened and possibly the pivot modified as well :think: not sure about a can opener donor as most LMs are the same design :dunno:

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 04:38:36 PM
Remember that the phillips driver also has the small catch on it to lock the tool together when folded, so (unfortunately) it needs to stay and be centered as well. Also, I had my Crunch apart a couple weeks ago to investigate some things and it was very finicky about spacing/tightness. Mine is quite tight, so I removed the lanyard ring. No matter what I did I couldn't get it tight enough after that. Maybe a nice assortment of thin washers could help but I wanted to mention that you'll need to do your homework on tool thickness if trying to swap things out.

I would also like to know what tools interchange between the different models. Maybe we should create a spreadsheet for that?

Craig
PST edc 1998-Present
PST, Crunch, Surge, Wave, Rebar, Original ST, Style PS, ST300, Free T2, Curl, Mini Tool, Kick, Juice XE6

gb Offline Cynan

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 05:24:16 PM
Second the tool spreadsheet idea!

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 09:17:02 PM
Welcome to the forum, Bjorn :cheers:

:nothingtoadd:

Offline Bjorn Björnson

• New User
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 07:41:28 PM
Hey thanks for your quick answer's 👍🏻  😁
Yes a spreadsheet for what fits in what is a great  idea ☝🏻👍🏻.
Otherwise i must order on taeter another over Amazon prime and send them back 😁 
Does anyone know if Leatherman sells single parts as "spare  " parts ?  🤔

gb Offline Cynan

Reply #6 on: July 11, 2023, 07:45:29 PM
Not that I’ve seen. I have seen folks on Etsy sell spare parts, and I think there is a forum for part (tool) requests?

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 08:25:56 AM
I don’t think tools from a Wave / Rebar / Wingman / Sidekick would work in a Crunch and vise versa. I haven’t tried it yet but I do know that the washers in between implements in the Crunch are A PAIN to align. If I remember correctly, they’re not just round washers but specialized ones which reach all the way down the lock of the tools.

Hey thanks for your quick answer's 👍🏻  😁
Yes a spreadsheet for what fits in what is a great  idea ☝🏻👍🏻.
Otherwise i must order on taeter another over Amazon prime and send them back 😁 
Does anyone know if Leatherman sells single parts as "spare  " parts ?  🤔

I don’t think they do - not even screws or washers. The only parts you can get off them are those plier head cutters and flat bits and those removable ones from the Signal. I get my spares from private sellers.

For what fits in what, the basic ones I know off are Rebar - Wave - Wingman - Sidekick - Rev - Bolster. BUT that’s only as far as locks and pivots go. Clearances are a totally different subject.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%