Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ant Design E-One

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Ant Design E-One
on: July 22, 2023, 04:50:03 PM
With so many titanium pry bars out there, you would think the category has been done to death. With a slab of titanium there's only just so many things can you can do artistically to give the tool more functionality. Well, the folks over at Ant Design have done just that and it's pretty ingenious.

Called the E-One, this pry bar comes in at 3 1/2 inches in length and 3/4 of an inch in thickness. This certainly is a thick boy compared to other pry bars out there, but it has a secret weapon. Some of the included features of the E-One include:  a removable clip, bottle opener, nail file, ruler, file and prybar.  The pry bar comes in a few style options; the pry itself comes in either brass or titanium with the option for an inlay of copper, brass, titanium or timascus.

The feel the length of the pry is really good, I think a decent pry should be long enough to provide adequate leverage. The business end of the pry has a milled step pattern on it, this helps provide grip when wedging it between things your trying to pry.  The ruler on the flip side is metric, I'm used to using the Imperial system and I wish there was an option for it.  The nail file works really well, it's aggressive enough remove material, oddly it also provides traction when using the pry bar. Between the mill step pattern and the file, your pry isn't likely to wiggle out of where you put it. The pocket clip is removable, you can remove it or change location to the underside if you choose to. I've been carrying the E-One via pocket pouch and find the clip to be extremely tight. It's really nice that this feature can be removed as so many pry clips are integral.

To me, the Pièce de résistance of the whole package is the screwdriver functionality. This chunky pry comes with what they call an auto-door. Milled into the body of the E-One is a spring hinged door, and popping it open is done by sliding a tab over. The door pops up with authority and reveals a hidden 1/4 inch driver bit (#1 Philips in this case). The bit itself is held in place by a magnet so it doesn't bounce around while being stored in the tool. For use the driver bit can be placed in either the end of the pry for in-line driving, or for some additional torque can be placed in the other magnetic bit holder on the underside of the tool. This feature to me makes the tool, yes I've seen others hold the bits in the body of the tool via o-rings and other rubber doohickies. It's just aesthetically pleasing and doesn't detract from the tool visually like some other methods.

The E-One is a really neat pry bar, and even though it's the same 'ol thing, it's a fresh take on something that's been done before. Though I own a bunch of pry bars, I keep coming back to this one because of it's size and functionality.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Re: Ant Design E-One
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 05:19:49 PM
Great review and pictures, I like the clip and the hidden bit. Thanks for sharing :tu:

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 07:05:46 PM
Yeah it's really a neat little pry

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023, 09:36:44 PM
That's a beaut, David.  I like the looks and the size.  Another top notch job of reporting.  Best wishes. G

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 22, 2023, 09:47:35 PM
Noce description and review.  Looks like a useful little tool.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%