Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CyberTool owners thread

sawman · 447 · 59907

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Re: CyberTool owners thread
Reply #420 on: November 28, 2021, 05:35:36 AM
Decided to make a TSA compliant Bladeless Cybertool Lite. Extra parts and too much time on my hands after Thanksgiving.
:like: :like:
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
85mm: Evolution S557, Traveler,
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #421 on: November 28, 2021, 10:21:07 AM
 :iagree: nice work! :like:

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
  • The Spirit of Central Asia
Reply #422 on: November 28, 2021, 07:21:01 PM
Decided to make a TSA compliant Bladeless Cybertool Lite. Extra parts and too much time on my hands after Thanksgiving.

Nice work!

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #423 on: November 29, 2021, 10:57:16 PM
Thanks guys. Anything to get away from the TSA SAK collection. Also came up with an easy way to put 4x1 mm magnets in bit drivers. Let me know if you want specifics.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline Aloxfan

Reply #424 on: November 29, 2021, 11:12:48 PM
TSA confiscated my wife’s sewing scissors years ago. They were smaller than the SAK scissors. I wouldn’t take the risk myself. Not with risking losing such a nice mod.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #425 on: November 30, 2021, 06:00:52 AM
Don’t worry, plan to have a “readily available” copy of their own current guidelines and at worst go through security twice after a handoff to my daughter or wife. One or the other always drops me off. Will defiantly let you guys know how the trial run goes.  :dunno:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #426 on: November 30, 2021, 07:11:48 AM
Will defiantly let you guys know how the trial run goes.

No need, we are all friends here :D
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

cz Offline z1913

Reply #427 on: November 30, 2021, 08:07:08 AM
Thanks guys. Anything to get away from the TSA SAK collection. Also came up with an easy way to put 4x1 mm magnets in bit drivers. Let me know if you want specifics.

Could you share the magnet details? Thanks.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #428 on: December 01, 2021, 04:51:56 AM
Sure, I only share this because I sometimes tend to do things the hard way and want to save fellow members the trouble. First, make sure you have 4x1 mm magnets. If they are thicker than 1 mm they will prevent the retention ball from working on Victorinox bits that come with cybertool. Second, you need to use either a 4mm bit, 4 mm bit extension or as you see in the picture, a Wiha 4mm to 1/4 bit adapter I cut in half to make a 3 inch magnet “holder/implanter”. Magnet proximal to the end is two part epoxied, and then the magnet I want to place in holder (see image below). Apply one drop of super glue covering about half of surface on end of magnet to insert. Push it in and wait 24 hours to remove. The reason I like to have a three inch bar attached to the magnet is to make sure I have plenty of leverage just in case any of the glue hinders removal of holder/implanter. I have used this procedure on at least 6 cybertool SAKs with no problems. Works great and makes the tool far more versatile with an endless selection of inexpensive 4mm bits. See Wiha item below. I have no affiliation with Amazon if you purchase. Let me know if you guys try it or come up with a better idea.

Wiha 28581 Bit Holder Adapter For... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R0EI2M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 05:13:30 AM by pa_strunk »

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #429 on: December 31, 2021, 06:17:44 PM
Better add my digital signature to the Cyber club registry...

One Cybertool Lite:

CybertoolLite2.jpg
* CybertoolLite2.jpg (Filesize: 227.41 KB)

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #430 on: January 01, 2022, 03:07:38 AM
Are Cybertool replacement bits always as difficult to find as they are right now, or is the scarcity of replacement bits just a recent development due to supply line issues during the pandemic?

fr Offline Lemonizer

Reply #431 on: January 01, 2022, 05:34:14 PM
No idea about the availability, you can find some on ebay but that's quite expensive !  :ahhh

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #432 on: January 01, 2022, 06:03:38 PM
Are Cybertool replacement bits always as difficult to find as they are right now, or is the scarcity of replacement bits just a recent development due to supply line issues during the pandemic?
I got a bunch of extras from Victorinox, via their UK distributor. This was mid-late pandemic too...
Might just be the US?

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #433 on: January 01, 2022, 10:39:40 PM
Might just be the US?

Must be... they're sold out everywhere.  :rant:

us Offline Explorer

• No Life Club
Reply #434 on: January 02, 2022, 02:20:22 PM
My girlfriend bought me a CT34 for my birthday last year and it has slowly climbed its way up to being my main EDC which is surprising bic up till now my main EDC has been either an Explorer or an Outdoorsman. However when I’m not carrying the CT34 I find myself really missing the bit driver and the pliers. And the worst part is I don’t think my girlfriend has any idea how much of a SAK dilemma this ever so kind gift has brought about!  :ahhh   :D

fr Offline Lemonizer

Reply #435 on: January 02, 2022, 08:47:40 PM
I'm happy for you, it looks to be a wonderful sak !  :cheers:
I'd love to add the bit holder to my swisschamp, it would be perfect !  :drool:

Offline Furu

• New User
Reply #436 on: January 04, 2022, 09:13:57 PM
I got a Cybertool M as a gift some time back, and I've used most of the tools apart from the can opener and back tools.

Compared to my older Huntsman I notice that I have used the tweezers a lot less and substituted the pliers for them many times, their width are about equal too.

The toolset fits well with most indoor and urban use which is most of the time for me, especially since torx screws are getting very common here even in homes. For other activities I still have my Huntsman.

Some uses I remember are fixing a lamp, tightening door handle screws (torx!) and taking out a screw on a belt to remove its tag.

After three months and innumerable small tasks solved, I can say I'm very satisfied with this tool. :D

Here's a couple of pictures:

* sea.jpg (Filesize: 197.49 KB)

* winter.jpg (Filesize: 213.23 KB)

us Offline Explorer

• No Life Club
Reply #437 on: January 04, 2022, 11:30:11 PM
I got a Cybertool M as a gift some time back, and I've used most of the tools apart from the can opener and back tools.

Compared to my older Huntsman I notice that I have used the tweezers a lot less and substituted the pliers for them many times, their width are about equal too.

The toolset fits well with most indoor and urban use which is most of the time for me, especially since torx screws are getting very common here even in homes. For other activities I still have my Huntsman.

Some uses I remember are fixing a lamp, tightening door handle screws (torx!) and taking out a screw on a belt to remove its tag.

After three months and innumerable small tasks solved, I can say I'm very satisfied with this tool. :D

Here's a couple of pictures:
Wonderful pictures! :salute:
:cheers:

us Offline Explorer

• No Life Club
Reply #438 on: January 04, 2022, 11:32:01 PM
I'm happy for you, it looks to be a wonderful sak !  :cheers:
I'd love to add the bit holder to my swisschamp, it would be perfect !  :drool:
Cheers my friend!
 :cheers:

gb Offline Cynan

Reply #439 on: July 28, 2023, 01:00:38 PM
Just joined the club.

Was in Zurich standing outside the Victorinox flagship store, and well, it was rude not to!

IMG_3074.jpg
* IMG_3074.jpg (Filesize: 236.18 KB)

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #440 on: July 28, 2023, 01:04:43 PM
Just joined the club.

Was in Zurich standing outside the Victorinox flagship store, and well, it was rude not to!

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]
Very nice, congrats :like: :woohoo:

Offline samek

Reply #441 on: July 28, 2023, 03:50:52 PM
another bladeless Cyber  :)

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #442 on: July 28, 2023, 03:55:36 PM
Looking good samek :like:

Must. Resist. The urge to buy a CT :ahhh

gb Offline Cynan

Reply #443 on: July 28, 2023, 03:58:46 PM
On the 41 there seems to be a closed section on the scales. Anyone open that up and store something there?

gb Offline Cynan

Reply #444 on: July 28, 2023, 10:06:28 PM
I found it… tried searching before but nothing came up. Tried again with slightly different search terms and voila!

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=86881.30

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #445 on: July 28, 2023, 10:10:40 PM
On the 41 there seems to be a closed section on the scales. Anyone open that up and store something there?

Here's an example: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,59897.msg2427660.html#msg2427660
- Terry

gb Offline Cynan

Reply #446 on: July 28, 2023, 10:39:09 PM
Thanks NutSAK!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34