Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

3 found tools

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
3 found tools
on: August 10, 2023, 08:07:41 PM
   Three small tools.  The little locking pliers my Dad found at a flea market years ago.  I don't know how much he paid.  I found the little 4 " wrench.  IREGA brand from Spain.  I don't know anything about the brand, but it looks good.  One dollar.  The last tool is one I found in my rustic old driveway.  Cherokee.  A rain washed it out of the dirt. 
    Mini tools are appealing to me in some way.  How about you?  Best wishes. Gary

3 tools.jpg
* 3 tools.jpg (Filesize: 151.58 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: 3 found tools
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 04:49:38 AM
Nice.
I have a few Irega but in larger sizes.
The only 4" one I have here is Japanese, Toho Koki Hitroi.

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 04:47:50 PM
   One more mini tool.  I don't know how I forgot it before.  Diamalloy, Duluth.  I often stick it in my pocket.  An easy carry.
    To friend zoidberg:  You often say how much you like your Echo.  I will post an Echo photo someday soon.  Look for it under the chainsaw section, okay?  Best wishes Gary

dia.jpg
* dia.jpg (Filesize: 98.46 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 01:30:56 AM
:tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 03:01:30 AM
I found these at a tag sale, they were part of a set including a larger one but I didn’t want it so I made an offer for the pair and they were like sure, so I snatched them both for I think $4, I have an old school one with wood handle that is like the same size, and also a vicegrip that’s also the same size,, idk where they are and of course I don’t have a pic..
JR

* IMG_2108.jpg (Filesize: 177.87 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 04:27:59 AM
Cool.  A pair of 6 inch Ridgid wrenches.  And you bought them at a steal/bargain.  I think I have one.  Now where did I put that..... ?  Best wishes. Gary  :dunno:

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 12, 2023, 02:53:52 PM
One more little Ridgid.  Not so nice paint on this one.  Best wishes. Gary

ridgid.jpg
* ridgid.jpg (Filesize: 145.91 KB)

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #7 on: August 12, 2023, 06:23:33 PM
I found these at a tag sale, they were part of a set including a larger one but I didn’t want it so I made an offer for the pair and they were like sure, so I snatched them both for I think $4, I have an old school one with wood handle that is like the same size, and also a vicegrip that’s also the same size,, idk where they are and of course I don’t have a pic..
JR

Great score.  Those are awesome.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #8 on: August 13, 2023, 04:20:05 AM
Nice! Found the other little ones, an old school pipe wrench and also a very small pair of vice grips!
JR

* IMG_2109.jpg (Filesize: 139.88 KB)

* IMG_2110.jpg (Filesize: 136.41 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #9 on: August 23, 2023, 02:08:23 PM
I wanted a 4" adjustable wrench, but all the new ones seem a bit junky.  Then I found an old one in good shape.

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #10 on: August 23, 2023, 02:10:26 PM
Here are some tools I found in my grandfathers stuff twenty years ago.  Hunter Tool Gear Grip and old school Craftsman pliers.

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: August 23, 2023, 04:31:35 PM
      Looks like the V mark on your Craftsman pliers.  Vlchek made some nice tools.  Their pliers often had that strange flare at the end of the handles.  I have a really cheaply made Vlchek pair of pliers somewhere.  Got to get them out for a look.  Enjoying the old tools like the Diamalloy adjustable 4" etc.  These are great old tools to use.  Or collect I suppose.  Best wishes.  Gary

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #12 on: August 23, 2023, 05:05:14 PM
They are marked with a P.   I keep them in my truck toolbox.

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: August 23, 2023, 07:35:28 PM
Looked a little like a V under the RA in CRAFTSMAN in the pliers.  Might just be a smudge.  P code is Wilde.  I see it on your handles.  My pliers below have a V and are crude as can be.  The handles look like they were chopped out of the forging.  They have a strange coating and work well.  Vlchek, Cincinnati sold those things for $.23 before WW2.  The Craftsman ratchet was made by the same company.  Nicely finished.  Best wishes.  Gary

a2.jpg
* a2.jpg (Filesize: 182.11 KB)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 07:45:37 PM by IMR4198 »

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #14 on: September 06, 2023, 05:28:34 PM
Here are some tools I found in my grandfathers stuff twenty years ago.  Hunter Tool Gear Grip and old school Craftsman pliers.

(Image removed from quote.)
Cool! How does the top one work? You just adjust the jaws manually and then engage the handle to keep it there?

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 01:53:29 AM
      Looks like the V mark on your Craftsman pliers.  Vlchek made some nice tools.  Their pliers often had that strange flare at the end of the handles.  I have a really cheaply made Vlchek pair of pliers somewhere.  Got to get them out for a look.  Enjoying the old tools like the Diamalloy adjustable 4" etc.  These are great old tools to use.  Or collect I suppose.  Best wishes.  Gary

Sir,

Not sure if we are looking at the same symbol or same picture, but I think I see a B in a circle, or possibly it's a P at the end of the plyers handle.  I forget who the P stood for but B is sort of not determined.

Respectfully, i believe the "V" you refer to on Craftsman plyers, and other tools stood for Moore Drop Forge out of Springfield, Mass., which unfortunately is now a row of medical offices.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #16 on: April 09, 2024, 05:18:18 AM

That gear grip looks great. :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30