Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Very cheap multi tool

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Very cheap multi tool
on: August 13, 2023, 02:51:22 PM
     I think that I just posted a photo of the worst pocket knife on MTo yesterday.  To follow up on that ignominy, I decided to show you the cheapest multi-tool.  Maybe. 
     It is marked Made in USA in the little rondel.  Hardened Steel in big letters.  You can loosen the wing nut and swing out the small set for use, or remove them altogether.  Stamped steel.  No maker's mark.  I have actually used this thing several times when I needed a really small wrench for a tight spot.  It worked fine.  Best wishes. Gary
tool.jpg
* tool.jpg (Filesize: 264.38 KB)

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Re: Very cheap multi tool
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 06:05:42 AM
Too cool! :tu:
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 12:29:44 PM
     Thanks Farmer.  This thing isn't exactly something I am proud of.  I found it while I was looking for some punches I hadn't seen in some time.  I must have bought it.  Probably it was in with some other stuff I happened to pick up.  I don't know.  I did find the punches.  And some other stuff I didn't know I had. 
      I did find two old knives that I knew were with the punches.  Somewhere?  One was something that was probably used to cut carpet.  Wood handle, square end blade.  The other was a knife made out of a GI mess knife.  Originally looked like a butter knife sort of thing.  Someone made it into a carry knife or boot knife.  Best wishes. Gary

us Offline DIAMOND

• Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 04:45:35 PM
Fun looking tool. With the wing-nut construction, it could be very easily modded.  ;)
MTs: Gerber Dime, Gerber Suspension NXT, PLeatherman Wave, Misc China Cheapos

SAKs: Vic Climber, Vic Classic SD, Vic Classic (non-SD), Engraved 3-blade SAK (given to me as a gift)

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 05:12:41 PM
     The more I think about this thing, the more I wonder if it isn't a counterfeit.  The little circle with made in USA is exactly like the little circles put on Japanese stamped wrenches made after WWII.  They were marked hardened steel with no maker's mark also.  Had made in Japan in the same way.  I have some of those somewhere.  You can see how small this thing is.  The largest wrench opening is 9/16 inch.  Easy to figure out the overall size.  Best wishes. Gary

us Offline DIAMOND

• Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2023, 05:25:02 PM
I wasn't going to say anything, but with the made in USA AND Hardened Steel stamped so prominently, I was thinking overseas.

Plus, it looks stamped out, not forged.
MTs: Gerber Dime, Gerber Suspension NXT, PLeatherman Wave, Misc China Cheapos

SAKs: Vic Climber, Vic Classic SD, Vic Classic (non-SD), Engraved 3-blade SAK (given to me as a gift)

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 09:53:51 PM
     I think that I just posted a photo of the worst pocket knife on MTo yesterday.  To follow up on that ignominy, I decided to show you the cheapest multi-tool.  Maybe. 
     It is marked Made in USA in the little rondel.  Hardened Steel in big letters.  You can loosen the wing nut and swing out the small set for use, or remove them altogether.  Stamped steel.  No maker's mark.  I have actually used this thing several times when I needed a really small wrench for a tight spot.  It worked fine.  Best wishes. Gary
 [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Ha - I got a pretty good sized set of these, due to how thin they are, they can be pretty handy in the right circumstances.

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 08:20:16 PM
Still, it's a fun looking piece.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00