Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Echo for zoidberg

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Echo for zoidberg
on: August 14, 2023, 06:18:21 PM

I said that I would take a photo of an Echo for you.  Not an Echo chain saw, but a weed wacker.  It has been probably the best piece of outdoor equipment I ever bought.  Certainly the least trouble.  I know I had it in 1989, but I don't know just how long before that.  Maybe a year or two earlier.  And it has been used hard.
    A couple of years ago, it started cranking hard.  I took out the plug (only the second one) and it was bad.  No replacement.  Let me look.... I found the OEM spark plug and decided to clean it up.  Back in the tool.  Cranked right up. 
    I have used Optimol for the pre-mix and it has been just magic.  Not smoky.  Motor has lasted longer than it should.  Still cranks and runs well. 
     You know I think the thing gets better fuel mileage than before.  When I first bought it I could fill the tank and by the time I got tired it would be out of fuel.  Now I can fill the tank and by the time I get tired it still has lots of fuel left.  Imagine that.  Best wishes.
Gary (IMR)

* echo.jpg (Filesize: 215.35 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Echo for zoidberg
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 02:48:05 AM
Love it.
My Echo also comes from the eighties.
Here is a pic of it taken during the 2020 Fools of April III Challenge.
It is different than my other chainsaws because it is a twin cylinder.
Not the most powerful, not the lightest, but it runs smooth and is a ton of fun to cut with.

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 09:25:12 PM
      Nice one.  I remember seeing the two-cylinder Echo in an old catalog.  It seemed like a good and logical idea to me.  Probably adds to the weight some.  When I bought my Echo trimmer, my neighbor said, "I have one of those too."  Well, he did and he didn't.  He had what looked like an identical machine but was marked Kioritz.  I don't know exactly when the marketing people in Japan decided to use the trademark Echo.  I used mine today before it started raining again.  Third pull and it cranked.  Just like always.  Best wishes.  Gary

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 09:38:54 AM
Might have to double check at some point but I'm pretty sure the serial number tag also has Kioritz Corp on it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%