Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

a treasured 1976/7 knife, now sadly gone ...but hoping to replace

00 Offline animaljackbrennon

• New User
Hi , Im new on the site and I was hoping you could help me. In 1976/7 a friend bought me a very good Swiss Army knife with loads of tools on it . I think it could have been one of the best ones available at that time .As well as all the scissors , corkscrew and saw blade etc ..it had a grey magnifying glass too. I Would say it was approx an inch and a quarter wide with maybe 20 tools  I was hoping  someone could tell me which model that might  have been, as Im hoping to try and track one down for myself. The original knife features ( a lot) in a true story Ive just completed, which will be out next year and Ive promised myself another one , once the book is released. Thanks in advance for any help. GT

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Welcome to the forum, sounds like maybe a Champion. I'm sure some of the Vic experts will be along shortly and will be more help.
I'm going to shorten your forum name as it is interfering with the text in the message body.
Steve

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I'm also going to move this to the SAK forum  :tu:

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
I concur with Steve’s assessment that it was a Champion.

Specifically, it was what is unofficially referred to by some as the Champion “c” version (as it had the magnifying glass.  Your ‘76/‘77 timing agrees with this.

The Champion was the flagship of the Victorinox 91 mm line until the introduction of the Swisschamp in 1985.

These are discontinued now, but it may be possible to find an original.

Other options that would be close include:

- Champion Plus - Also discontinued now, but produced ca. 2003 - 2016

- Swisschamp - easiest to find since it is still in production, and is essentially a Champion + pliers

https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Champion

• New User
Thanks for the information...I will have a look at the  Champion plus(for a reference)...but I think it must have been the Champion C . Im wondering now, if it would be a bit of wishful thinking to ask if anyone has one for sale on here . I get the feeling it would be like asking for the bubble from a 1976 spirit level. :).  Thanks for your help .

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
If not, they aren't hard to find on ebay.
- Terry

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Not selling my Champion, but I think I may have a spirit level from that era and would give you the bubble out of it if I could find it. :cheers:

• New User
Thanks!  I'll post a link when the blog comes out next year . My original ('Champion'...Now that I know ! :) ) features in it a lot . The knife was a leaving present from a very good friend of mine ,when I left to go travelling in the 70s.  The stuff I did with it features throughout the story . Thanks again, this has really helped. A.J.B.

us Online FolderBeholder

Do you have a photo of the knife you had that you can post here?
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%