Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Convert belt loop to Teklok?

us Offline algernonramone

Convert belt loop to Teklok?
on: September 20, 2023, 12:21:56 AM
That's the question. I have several sheaths/holders/etc. that have belt loops, but it would be better for me if I had a strong QD system for them. My wife prefers I take stuff of off my belt when I get home, and I'd like to do it without taking my belt half-off. It also make it easier to deal with at work, and would make switching to a different tool easier too.

I saw these, anyone try them out before?

https://www.guardianwarriorsolutions.com/product-page/copy-of-raptor-adaptor

fi Offline Pilotsupergrip

Re: Convert belt loop to Teklok?
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 09:50:38 AM
Not sure if this helps but I've had pretty good experiences using a Skinth for that purpose. It has a clip as opposed to a belt loop and can so it can be easily ripped out from the belt and put on the waistband. Im wondering if there are any similar clip type of products that could be attached to a sheath.

Lähetetty minun SM-A426B laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Curl, Surge, OHT, Crunch, Micra, Squirt PS4, Style CS, Huntsman, Spartan, Classic SD, Armbar Slim Cut

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 01:02:35 PM
That's the question. I have several sheaths/holders/etc. that have belt loops, but it would be better for me if I had a strong QD system for them. My wife prefers I take stuff of off my belt when I get home, and I'd like to do it without taking my belt half-off. It also make it easier to deal with at work, and would make switching to a different tool easier too.

I saw these, anyone try them out before?

https://www.guardianwarriorsolutions.com/product-page/copy-of-raptor-adaptor
It seems you'd have a huge piece of hardware on your belt with that one. I don't think it's better than just removing half your belt to remove a sheath/holder. Maybe look for another solution?

:dunno: :dunno:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

no Offline aicolainen

Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 03:03:02 PM
I think the specific solution that works best comes down to what sheaths and holders you need to carry, as well as personal preference.
If at all possible I'd try to consolidate multiple sheaths/holders down to e.g. something like a Tale of Knives clip on sheath: https://taleofknives.com/collections/the-multitool-gear/products/t-tux-double-clip-multitool-push-up-flashlight

Even tek-loks would be too cumbersome for me if I had to take it off / on on a regular basis, especially if there was more than one.

While it doesn't solve your flexibility issue at work, the easy solution to make your wife happy is to just change pants when you get home.
It's actually not far from what I do myself. I work in an office environment, so no need to change pants for the wife, but at home I usually have work pants, outdoor pants and training pants ready to go with the most common tools/items I use for each particular activity. Depending on what I (or my girlfriend) have planned for my afternoon activities I just change to the appropriate pants and I'm ready to go.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 06:47:46 PM
I think the specific solution that works best comes down to what sheaths and holders you need to carry, as well as personal preference.
If at all possible I'd try to consolidate multiple sheaths/holders down to e.g. something like a Tale of Knives clip on sheath: https://taleofknives.com/collections/the-multitool-gear/products/t-tux-double-clip-multitool-push-up-flashlight

Even tek-loks would be too cumbersome for me if I had to take it off / on on a regular basis, especially if there was more than one.

While it doesn't solve your flexibility issue at work, the easy solution to make your wife happy is to just change pants when you get home.
It's actually not far from what I do myself. I work in an office environment, so no need to change pants for the wife, but at home I usually have work pants, outdoor pants and training pants ready to go with the most common tools/items I use for each particular activity. Depending on what I (or my girlfriend) have planned for my afternoon activities I just change to the appropriate pants and I'm ready to go.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD