Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Benchmade Automotive Tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Benchmade Automotive Tools
on: February 07, 2009, 02:11:30 AM
It seems that Mikey and I are evil people, and have forgotten at least one new thing we saw at SHOT- Benchmade's new Houdini line of automotive escape tools.  Perhaps the terms "new" and "line" are a bit extravagant, as there are only two tools in the line and only one is actually new.  Benchmade is re-branding their ERT-1 as the larger Houdini model, now called the Houdini Pro:

Meanwhile, the smaller model is all new, and simply called the Houdini. 

Similar in size and function to NOV8's ResQMe tool, the Houdini has a spring loaded glass break, seatbelt cutter hidden by quick release keychain fob, LED light and a whistle, making it more resourceful a tool than the ResQMe.

It is also slightly larger, and so may be less likely to be carried on a keychain, so you'll have to decide what's more important- convenience or extra features.

I like it so far, but then I've only had it a few hours, and haven't yet had to escape a sinking car yet!  I'll post some more pics soon- the pics above are from SHOT, and now that my sample has arrived I can take some comparison pics!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Re: Benchmade Automotive Tools
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 03:03:41 AM
cool, ill be waiting for the pics :tu:
A

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 04:57:36 AM
Def you've got to have a neighbour that you don't like, hint hint the glass breaker test (bring all of em while you're at it :D :D :D).

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 05:32:38 PM
I have one all right... which is why I'm moving....  so a "real world" glass breaking test might just be in the making!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 06:13:47 PM
LOL I always thought the resqme is the perfect vandalism tool, walk across the parking lot, plink, plink, plink...

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:57:28 PM
LOL I always thought the resqme is the perfect vandalism tool, walk across the parking lot, plink, plink, plink...

Only thing it needs is an on-board spray paint dispenser. Then it would be perfect! >:D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%