Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

THD Suspension - Not impressed

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
THD Suspension - Not impressed
on: October 21, 2023, 10:45:49 PM
  Seen a Gerber Suspendion at The Home Depot for $40. My intentions was to remove the blade and saw, and use it at work mostly for the pliers and can opener. At lunch I been eating salads to help loose weight and have been taking an occasionally light tuna can. Wanted my own can opener at work. .

First impressions is that I do NOT like it. Probably should find the receipt and take it back, or toss it out the window on some lonely highway -- like I have done before. :rofl:

Pliers open far too wide. So much prefer the Spirit. The can opener is worse than the Garage #5 tool. Cannot grip and cut like the Swiss push type can openers can, and there is plenty of reach to the can. The dern pivot part just cannot stay underneath the lip of the can. No issues with the Spirit.

Cannot have a blade on a multitool, and would surmise the eggheads would say the saw would be a lethal threat too. I better hide the awl... and thought for $40 it could be usable. Total waste of money in my opinion. I would be better off finding a severely abused Spirit and break the blade and saw and use that, providing the short awl was good.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Re: THD Suspension - Not impressed
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 03:19:28 AM
  I should of found this video first. Glad I did not buy the newer Suspension NXT, as the can opener does not seem any better. NXT comes in Silver and Black, and at Home Depot for $30 on their Gift Center layout. I was stocking them today. And it seems the Free P2/4 needs wiggling to make it cut better. May have to give it another go. The reviewer also suggested Leatherman out to make the can opener longer. Duh.

¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: THD Suspension - Not impressed
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 03:54:57 PM
They're not bad tools....provided you've never handled anything else.  They'll do in a pinch.  I've had a couple, and they're durable for sure.  The sheaths on the Suspension are terrible, but the tools are durable enough.  For the money there are definitely better choices out there. 
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD