Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Thanks for welcoming me into the group.

Offline Blinder50

Thanks for welcoming me into the group.
on: November 04, 2023, 06:47:30 PM
I thought id get straight to my point that i'm willing to sell, trade or purchase items that may not be available for you or myself. Does that operate on this site, I think some of the items I have may be more collector valuable than myself.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Thanks for welcoming me into the group.
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 01:23:05 AM
Welcome to :MTO:

It is probably better to become an established member here before you start trading, buying or selling :salute:

I may be wrong but just coming in like that doesn't show you are wanting to be a member as much as it shows you are wanting to exploit people :dunno:

Offline Blinder50

Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 09:55:36 AM
Hiya Poncho, thanks for the reply and fair comment bud, around 2 years ago I was actually in the sakwiki group and multitool forum and that's actually how I managed to get info about different models I own and with my interest had the wenger catalogue off here dating back to the first model which helped me make a few purchases outside of the group to make sure and confirm what I was purchasing was, and the history regarding the models. Its a fair comment like I say as I put that as my first message but I will be completely honest and with my love for victorinox and wenger, I've over the last couple of years, hence me not been involved in the group, started to collect american knives and taken a real liking to them, so I made my mind up that the swiss items I own could potentially be of more value than they are to me now as I've turned to collecting many American knives which I'm adamant I will carry on to purchase.

Again another question, is it just swiss items you lot talk about in the group as again I don't want to upset anybody if so let me know and if not, great, maybe I can share threads on my new collection also.

The last thing I'd want to do or make people feel like I'm planning on doing is 'exploiting' people. It's a genuine hobby of mine, as too most others on here, if anything I'm potentially doing somebody a favour as some of the swiss models I'm willing to part with may be something somebody may like or not be able to get their hands on.

But no offence taken I just thought I'd get to the point I've just not been on here for a couple of years.

Cheers
Blinder50

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 01:22:16 PM
Welcome B50, if you take a look around the forum you will see that there is more than just SAK enthusiasts here. There is also a trading section of the forum.

We also have a pretty good Edged tool section if you are into American or other knives.

:cheers:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 06:59:02 PM
Welcome aboard! Thanks for being so straightforward about your motives for joining us. Maybe in time you find some other points of interest around, besides just the buying/selling/trading.

Take a look around, you'll find lots of topics about knives, tools and much more.

:cheers: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Offline Blinder50

Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 09:43:44 PM
Thanks for the reply, I actually a couple of years back made the contacts through the forum and obtained the models I am willing to part with as may be higher value towards somebody else's specific collection. I've no intention of making anything or just want to be in the group for that reason. I spent a lot of time in discussions regarding old models I managed to obtain and gained access to catalogues from over 30 years ago and at the same time given good advice by other members. I'm glad I know its many brands of tools discussed in the group and I'll just get involved in some conversations as I did before. Its just I'm not sure infact sure some items I have are vintage and prsstine, unused and boxed but I'll have a mooch.

Thanks again

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD