Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Social Media

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Social Media
on: November 08, 2023, 09:01:30 PM
Today it finally happened, now that Facebook decided to forcefully choose ad-free experience (on mobile 12.99€ and on pc 9.99€ month) or give them permission to use my data for more personalized content and ads for me.
I decided to delete all my social media from internet X, Facebook, Instagram and etc. I only keep MTO and Reddit. I was somehow active few FB group but now that gdpr hitted to Meta here in Europe it was last nail on coffing to get rid of all extra social media.

Also this is my 4000 post here on MTo. I have thinked to keep somekind Giveaway this year, i have thinked to giveaway something on my collection.

Only Tools Matters

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Social Media
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 09:18:19 PM
Congrats on getting to 4k.   :cheers:   And welcome to the facebook free club.   :cheers:

fr Offline Frenchephaistos

Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 09:24:12 PM
Today it finally happened, now that Facebook decided to forcefully choose ad-free experience (on mobile 12.99€ and on pc 9.99€ month) or give them permission to use my data for more personalized content and ads for me.
I decided to delete all my social media from internet X, Facebook, Instagram and etc. I only keep MTO and Reddit. I was somehow active few FB group but now that gdpr hitted to Meta here in Europe it was last nail on coffing to get rid of all extra social media.

Also this is my 4000 post here on MTo. I have thinked to keep somekind Giveaway this year, i have thinked to giveaway something on my collection.

Only Tools Matters
Sorry to hear that, I didn't know as I have no social media except two multitool forums.   :-[
Happy 4000th ! Bravo ! I am VERY far from that number, but already feel like part of the family here, this is a great place and I wouldn't mind meeting the great people from this forum IRL.
Will be following that GAW closely. That's how I got into the PST rabbit hole one very good day…  :D

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 09:31:34 PM
Congrats on getting to 4k.   :cheers:   And welcome to the facebook free club.   :cheers:
Its bit weird without it but i think i can manage. I have planned to do this long time but luckily last nail on coffing was offered by Meta. Tjere is downside too but its minor nuisance, all this area events announcements was on FB.

Only Tools Matters

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 09:40:39 PM
Sorry to hear that, I didn't know as I have no social media except two multitool forums.   :-[
Happy 4000th ! Bravo ! I am VERY far from that number, but already feel like part of the family here, this is a great place and I wouldn't mind meeting the great people from this forum IRL.
Will be following that GAW closely. That's how I got into the PST rabbit hole one very good day…  :D
Haha, this place feels like home. We have members across globe, im myself from Finland. I have considered to make mystery GAW so only after winner gets prize no one knows what it is (except me) or i could just GAW one of my PST 2

Only Tools Matters

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 04:24:41 AM
Congrats on the 4K :woohoo: it would be a hard thing for me to do these days as I keep up with many but I totally understand it :salute: Very glad you kept MTO though :tu: :like:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 12:23:15 PM
Congrats on reaching Full HD! Awlso on getting rid of "social" media.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD