Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Looking for a Kershaw Barricade with a combo blade

ca Offline Landrew

• Not yer typical toothless abductee
Looking for a Kershaw Barricade with a combo blade
on: November 17, 2023, 07:46:27 PM
For years, my EDC was a Buck Redpoint Rescue 850, Which I lost recently, and replacements are no longer available.
I never trusted the blade on that knife anyhow (it seemed a bit light and breakable) so my search led me to a Kershaw Barricade rescue knife which checks all the boxes except one; I need a partially serrated blade. Kershaw doesn't seem to make one. I'm almost ready to have serrations made on mine by a bladesmith. Has anyone seen this knife available with a combo blade?

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Looking for a Kershaw Barricade with a combo blade
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 04:07:45 PM
The SOG Escape may suit you.  There are numerous partially serrated rescue knives to chose from including the Victorinox rescue knife but you might also look into sailor's rigging knives which often have a similar design and application.  I like the Myerchin 377P in titanium.  It is so light you won't know it's in your pocket, and that is with a marlin spike which is great for untying a knotted shoelace, and I suppose could also be used as a window breaker.  You could also get a Leatherman Skeletool and you would have the added benefit of pliers when you need them. :cheers:

Here's a Schrade LB-7, a Leatherman Skeletool, and a Myerchin 377p rigging knife.

* Combo edge '22 21.jpg (Filesize: 128.93 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%