Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spur of the Moment MP600 Challenge

us Offline JonesE

Re: Spur of the Moment MP600 Challenge
Reply #960 on: December 30, 2023, 09:08:53 AM
Day 29

Great posts today folks. Managed to get a few moments in the garage today. It is always relaxing to get a little bit of time working on some projects. Was also able to get the younglings out on an adventure to Ballard to visit another troll and also got some time to visit the locks. We watch some Tugboats and Fishing Boats pass through locks on there way out of the Lake Washington Ship Canal.

us Offline TexasAKM

Reply #961 on: December 30, 2023, 09:17:30 AM
Day 29

At a friend's house pulling a rear end off a car to fix my son's car.  Used this tool to pry off the center cap.  Easy job!   :D

[ Invalid Attachment ]  

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #962 on: December 30, 2023, 12:40:41 PM
DAY 30

It is DAY 30 already!  Time flies when you are having fun. :)

The MP600 Blunt Nose and MP600ST have both been fun to use for the
Challenge.

Thank you, Barry, for organizing and hosting the Challenge. I have
truly enjoyed participating in it. :) :cheers:

I especially want to thank you, FB, for making it possible for me to be
in the Challenge. Your kindness is greatly appreciated. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

I enjoyed reading all the posts and pictures and want to congratulate
everyone for completing the Challenge. :woohoo:

I also want to thank Antti Lammi, LoopCutter, BP Roberts, IMR4198, Juan el Boricua, GA1dad, Marlowe, and everyone else that followed along and cheered us on. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

This has been a wonderful Challenge!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year! :cheers:

* IMG_3497.jpg (Filesize: 173.47 KB)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 02:15:57 PM by VICMAN »

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #963 on: December 30, 2023, 01:58:47 PM
Congratulations to all who participated in the challenge; as I read through the days, I noticed not only how fun it is to participate but what a closed-knit family the members of MT.o are. Kudos to Barry, for making it possible (and admins for allowing it!), and to Lisa, LC, VICMAN, JonesE, TexasAKM, Alan, Spartan ... for making it fun. Good one, people!!! :2tu: :clap:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #964 on: December 30, 2023, 02:06:19 PM
Congratulations to all who participated in the challenge; as I read through the days, I noticed not only how fun it is to participate but what a closed-knit family the members of MT.o are. Kudos to Barry, for making it possible (and admins for allowing it!), and to Lisa, LC, VICMAN, JonesE, TexasAKM, Alan, Spartan ... for making it fun. Good one, people!!! :2tu: :clap:

Thank you, Juan! :cheers:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #965 on: December 30, 2023, 03:23:24 PM
Day 30: Thank you all for making this so much fun!  This month absolutely flew by!  I really enjoyed carrying this tool, and it's going to see a lot more carry time.  It's a tough, well rounded tool kit that gets the job done without a lot of added frills. 
As I've mentioned throughout this challenge, it is going to find some additional stable mates, and I want to try my hand at modifying one. 
Don't forget to put in for your badge, and I hope we can do a challenge together again soon!

* 1000003644-01.jpg (Filesize: 353.69 KB)
Barry

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #966 on: December 30, 2023, 03:28:19 PM
Day 29

Great posts today folks. Managed to get a few moments in the garage today. It is always relaxing to get a little bit of time working on some projects. Was also able to get the younglings out on an adventure to Ballard to visit another troll and also got some time to visit the locks. We watch some Tugboats and Fishing Boats pass through locks on there way out of the Lake Washington Ship Canal.

Nice pic. jonesE! :like: :tu: :tu:

Glad to hear you are making new memories with the younglings! :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #967 on: December 30, 2023, 03:29:09 PM
 :iagree: completely!
Barry

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #968 on: December 30, 2023, 03:32:51 PM
Day 30: Thank you all for making this so much fun!  This month absolutely flew by!  I really enjoyed carrying this tool, and it's going to see a lot more carry time.  It's a tough, well rounded tool kit that gets the job done without a lot of added frills. 
As I've mentioned throughout this challenge, it is going to find some additional stable mates, and I want to try my hand at modifying one. 
Don't forget to put in for your badge, and I hope we can do a challenge together again soon!

You are welcome, Barry! ......... We had a great leader! :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Cool pic! :like:  :tu: :tu::

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #969 on: December 30, 2023, 03:42:30 PM
Day 30

Well done evrybody! Great pictures and uses these last 30 days, I hope everybody has a wonderful new year :multi: :multi: this challenge just further cemented my great love for the 600s, absolutely unkillable legends! :like: :cheers:

* IMG_20231230_093807.jpg (Filesize: 406.62 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #970 on: December 30, 2023, 03:48:14 PM
Day 30

Well done evrybody! Great pictures and uses these last 30 days, I hope everybody has a wonderful new year :multi: :multi: this challenge just further cemented my great love for the 600s, absolutely unkillable legends! :like: :cheers:

Thank you, Spartan! :cheers:

Nice combo! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Online FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #971 on: December 30, 2023, 04:06:15 PM
Day 30

Sure has been a fast month!
I felt this photo was appropriate that the puffin is coming in for a landing as I will likely park the MP600 for a while in favor of the MP400.
I'm sure glad Barry hosted this spur of the moment challenge and that he was able to get quite a few participants and onlookers cheering from the sidelines.  :hatsoff:
Now to either take a challenge break or look into joining another one on New Year's Day!  :salute:

* landing.jpg (Filesize: 161.46 KB)
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #972 on: December 30, 2023, 04:13:44 PM
Day 30

I felt this photo was appropriate that the puffin is coming in for a landing as I will likely park the MP600 for a while in favor of the MP400.
I'm sure glad Barry hosted this spur of the moment challenge and that he was able to get quite a few participants and onlookers cheering from the sidelines.  :hatsoff:
Now to either take a challenge break or look into joining another one on New Year's Day!  :salute:

I love the picture of the Puffins, FB! :like: :tu: :tu:

The MP400 should be a great EDC! :cheers:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #973 on: December 30, 2023, 05:03:41 PM
Day 30
My  :hatsoff: to everyone who completed the challenge.  I've enjoyed it immensely.  I think I like my early 1990's Mister Pinchy better but there's some emotional attachment there as it was my first long term carry of a pliers based MT.  I still need to get to a hardware store and buy a saw blade to replace the RemGrit blade in my Pro-Scout, but I have been saying that for several years now and Mr. Pinchy didn't even have a saw blade. Anyway, today I used the can opener on the Pro-Scout to remove the safety seal on a bottle of hot sauce.

* MP600 2023 30.jpg (Filesize: 75.69 KB)

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #974 on: December 30, 2023, 05:51:17 PM
Day 30
My  :hatsoff: to everyone who completed the challenge.  I've enjoyed it immensely.  I think I like my early 1990's Mister Pinchy better but there's some emotional attachment there as it was my first long term carry of a pliers based MT.  I still need to get to a hardware store and buy a saw blade to replace the RemGrit blade in my Pro-Scout, but I have been saying that for several years now and Mr. Pinchy didn't even have a saw blade. Anyway, today I used the can opener on the Pro-Scout to remove the safety seal on a bottle of hot sauce.

Thank you, Alan! :cheers:

Nice pic! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline TexasAKM

Reply #975 on: December 30, 2023, 07:58:43 PM
Day 29

Take 2

Sometimes the interwebs are glitchy.  Here we go.

Nope.  Trying a new pic..

20231230_125426.jpg
* 20231230_125426.jpg (Filesize: 375.91 KB)

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #976 on: December 30, 2023, 08:13:16 PM
Day 29

Take 2

Sometimes the interwebs are glitchy.  Here we go.

Nope.  Trying a new pic..

Nice pic, Texas! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #977 on: December 30, 2023, 08:48:59 PM
Thank you, Spartan! :cheers:

Nice combo! :like: :tu: :tu:

Thanks Vicman! :hatsoff:
Send In the spartans

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #978 on: December 30, 2023, 08:50:48 PM
Thanks Vicman! :hatsoff:

You are welcome, Spartan! :cheers:!

us Offline TexasAKM

Reply #979 on: December 30, 2023, 08:54:43 PM
Day 30

Wow!
At one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Crunchy beef tacos, brisket burritos with pico de gallo, barbacoa steet tacos, yum!
30 days already.   It has been fun!  I do appreciate and enjoy  carrying my MP 600s more.  Thank you Barry for hosting this great challenge! 

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #980 on: December 30, 2023, 09:36:01 PM
Sorry I haven't responded in a bit.  Outside putting the 600 to work doing an oil change and tire rotation on my car with Spartan19, my son.  I had a great time with this challenge and with you all!  It's the people that make this fun.  The tools are a bonus!  As an added note, we're the first to complete this challenge in some years from my understanding.  It's great to see everyone involved, whether participants or following along.  I haven't been on MTO as long as some (it was an old PST that brought me here back in 2015), but I can honestly say that I've not met a better group of people anywhere and I've got some miles on! 
On a similar note, I hosted a Center Drive Challenge here some years ago in memory of a member who passed away from Cancer and loved the Center Drive.  I posted a thread to see if anyone was interested in doing a Center Drive Challenge later in '24.  If so, just respond or PM me and I can get it set up.  There's already a badge.  I've heard from Alan and JonesE already.
In the meantime, Happy New Year to everyone!
Barry

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #981 on: December 30, 2023, 09:50:34 PM
Sounds like your car is set for the New Year, Barry! :cheers:

I agree that we have a great group of people on MTO.  :)

Happy New Year! :cheers:

It has been a fun Challenge!  :woohoo:

us Offline JonesE

Reply #982 on: December 30, 2023, 10:17:24 PM
Day 30

Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! Like most of you, I can believe how fast the past 30 days have flown by. Thank you Barry for hosting the challenge and I want to thank all the participants and members for their enthusiasm and support during the challenge. Some observations about the challenge and the MP600. For me, I was kind of struggling there towards the end. With the holiday season, everyday chores, and whatnot going on, it was hard to remember to record what was going on. I wasn’t as engaged as I wanted to be. As for the MP600, I have always know that it was a beast. I have enjoyed how fast it is to deploy the pliers. The Philips driver has worked well for me, especially on the ST model. I have always enjoyed wharncliffe blade, and the on the MP600 works well for a variety of tasks. I also, liked having the scissors for when I needed to cut string, threads and parachord.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #983 on: December 30, 2023, 10:32:46 PM
Day 30

Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! Like most of you, I can believe how fast the past 30 days have flown by. Thank you Barry for hosting the challenge and I want to thank all the participants and members for their enthusiasm and support during the challenge.

Thank you, jonesE!  :)

Happy New Years Eve to you! :cheers:

Nice pic! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #984 on: December 30, 2023, 11:49:06 PM
Thanks JonesE!  Happy New Year!  :cheers:
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #985 on: December 30, 2023, 11:49:42 PM
Sounds good to me Texas!
Day 30

Wow!
At one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Crunchy beef tacos, brisket burritos with pico de gallo, barbacoa steet tacos, yum!
30 days already.   It has been fun!  I do appreciate and enjoy  carrying my MP 600s more.  Thank you Barry for hosting this great challenge!
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #986 on: December 30, 2023, 11:50:10 PM
Yes sir!  :cheers:
Sounds like your car is set for the New Year, Barry! :cheers:

I agree that we have a great group of people on MTO.  :)

Happy New Year! :cheers:

It has been a fun Challenge!  :woohoo:
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #987 on: December 30, 2023, 11:51:06 PM
 :cheers: Alan! 
Day 30
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #988 on: December 30, 2023, 11:51:58 PM
I like that picture Lisa!  It was great having you here!  :cheers:
Day 30

Barry

us Offline TexasAKM

Reply #989 on: December 31, 2023, 01:04:12 AM
Great taste in hot sauce, Alan! 
My favorite, Cholula!  Made with piquin and arbol chilies!    :tu:

Day 30

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $10.00
PayPal Fees: $0.67
Net Balance: $9.33
Below Goal: $290.67
Site Currency: USD
 3%