Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

sling crossbody bag recommendation wanted

Offline tom q vaxy

on: December 15, 2023, 03:18:46 AM
something between amazon 16$ and patagonia 169$.

7 to 10l will fit my daily 3 - 5 m short walk needs.

anyone have a suggestions?

thanks

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: sling crossbody bag recommendation wanted
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 05:19:42 AM
https://www.maxpedition.com/products/tt12-convertible-backpack?variant=32380280209479
Only 6 liters capacity but it is well laid out with lots of room for EDC items and can be carried in several positions. Best of all is it is clearance priced now.

Offline tom q vaxy

Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 11:54:11 AM
i like that. was only finding the military style on the maxpedition site previously. thanks

Offline GrouchoM

Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 03:16:10 AM
Patagonia Atom (8 liters)?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Offline tom q vaxy

Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 07:43:12 AM
just this afternoon i ordered both the black hole and the atom. patagonia lady gave me 10% off & free expedited shipping. my intent is to try them out. she uses the black hole citing its light weight and undivided inside as the features she liked. i will probably return one of them after comparing.

time will tell!

Offline GrouchoM

Reply #5 on: December 17, 2023, 08:05:22 AM
just this afternoon i ordered both the black hole and the atom. patagonia lady gave me 10% off & free expedited shipping. my intent is to try them out. she uses the black hole citing its light weight and undivided inside as the features she liked. i will probably return one of them after comparing.

time will tell!
Please report your thoughts on these.

us Offline MTSAK

Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 09:40:08 PM
I love my Patagonia MiniMass. I'm not sure if they are made anymore, but can be found on ebay.

Offline tom q vaxy

Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 01:36:59 PM
Please report your thoughts on these.

i sent both back: too small.

the hunt continues!

us Offline Sos24

Reply #8 on: January 31, 2024, 05:25:59 AM
I have a Bellroy Venture (8L?) and Bellroy Lite Sling (7L), both in black that I’m not using and would sell for good price.  If either interests you I can get you some pictures, although if the Atom was too small then these probably will be as well.

I got them in a trade and don’t use them.  I find myself either carrying a smaller sling or reaching for a backpack.

https://bellroy.com/products/venture-sling?color=bronze&material=baida_nylon&size=9l#slide-7

https://bellroy.com/products/lite-sling?color=shadow&material=diamond_ripstop#slide-0

Offline GrouchoM

Reply #9 on: January 31, 2024, 07:51:38 AM
Anyone familiar with the discontinued but still available Patagonia
Guidewater 15L Sling?  If so, any thoughts on it?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #10 on: February 08, 2024, 11:04:49 AM
After many years and many different bags I found the Maxpedition Sitka and it has been the absolute perfect bag for me when it comes to outdoor adventures.  It's holds a lot, organizes a lot yet doesn't protrude anywhere (so it doesn't get caught on things), is very comfortable to wear all day, and sits nicely on the deck of a kayak.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline Heywood Floyd

Reply #11 on: February 11, 2024, 09:28:55 AM
Here are a few cross body bags in my holdings that often get a guernsey. Exact models may not be in print but similar versions are available;

GREENROOM136 • MetroRunner VX42 • Prime Edition (6 litres)
https://www.greenroom136.com/shop/METRORUNNER01-VX42-p272653148

GREENROOM136 • SLINGSHIFTER01 VX42 • Prime Edition (2.5 litres)
https://www.greenroom136.com/shop/SLINGSHIFTER01-VX42-p605287911

Rickshaw (SanFranCisco - USA) - Small Zero Messenger (6.3 litres)
https://is.gd/rKS9G9

us Offline Sos24

Reply #12 on: February 16, 2024, 11:10:08 AM
The Metrorunner is a very nice bag.  I don’t have that specific Rickshaw, but they do make some nice quality bags.

au Offline Heywood Floyd

Reply #13 on: February 16, 2024, 11:37:32 AM
The Metrorunner is a very nice bag.  I don’t have that specific Rickshaw, but they do make some nice quality bags.
I've had the Rickshaw for the longest time, like OMG, ~10 Years. It doesn't get a run every day but has performed really well. The strap is well designed, comfortable and easily adjusted. The choice for bespoke build is great too. I bought it with an internal organiser which "Velcros" in place. This helps with productive use. The Greenroom136 bags are only a couple of years old and bring different pros to the table. They are both a little faster than the Rickshaw for more detailed internal access. But the Rickshaw more compactly provides volume expansion. Greenroom136 also have good options when ordering. Both companies, Rickshaw CA USA and GreenRoom136 Malaysia were friendly and professional. I have other stuff from both and for serious proletariat work they reliably do the business for me.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #14 on: February 18, 2024, 03:20:51 AM
It seems to me that for the most part the only difference between most "cross body bags" and a waist pack/butt pack is if you wear it over your shoulder instead of across your hips.  I kind of like a leaf or teardrop shaped bag that I can wear across my chest slung from my left shoulder to my right hip so that I, as a right handed person, can access everything in front of me with my right hand.  I haven't found one that really works for me yet. They tend to have not enough pockets or too many.  I have used a Stansport model 1024 waist pack with 2 bottle carriers as a cross body, chest carry bag while I was in Key West for a week and on a couple of other trips and it more than sufficed.  I don't know if they are still in production but they can easily be found on the auction site. :cheers:

us Offline Jeffjeeptj

Reply #15 on: February 28, 2024, 04:15:38 AM
I bought 2 of these:
  https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/quest-crossbody-pack-21queucrssbdypckxctp/21queucrssbdypckxctp

As soon as my fully grown daughter saw it, she “borrowed” it from mom and uses it a lot.
I’m very happy with mine ad is holds my stuff comfortably.  The only disappointment is the small pouch on the sling is not adjustable, and does not get used.  My son in law says its my “shoot me first” bag.  Have not had that issue yet.
Most coincidences are carefully planned.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%