Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Second kick clip!

cnlson · 66 · 2027

Offline cnlson

Re: Second kick clip!
Reply #30 on: December 24, 2023, 12:32:45 AM
     Sounds like a deal to me.  I intended to post some photos anyway.  And intended to use/carry it.  I didn't know there was a Kick thread, but I will look it up.  Thanks again and Ho, Ho, Ho.  Best wishes.  Gary :2tu:

just don't post any amputated fingers. I did warn you about the blade. >:D

ps i put the link to the kick thread in my post.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 12:40:10 AM by cnlson »

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: December 24, 2023, 12:59:59 AM
ok Rich, if i am selling this kick clip and pivot i need more info on this. First do i need the clip and screw only? or do i need the clip, screw and pivot?
what locks the sidekick clip in, rotation-wise?  The sidekick clip has a pin locator and hexagonal hole for the pivot. The kick clip uses a tab and a chicago screw type outside head, So besides the tab what holds the sideclip clip in place?

I could take my sideclip apart but i'd rather not. EDIT maybe i can't take it apart,  is that screw a pentalobe?

i looked at a torndown one on ebay and to me it appears, that there is nothing to lock the clip in place but the tab and pentalobe hs screw which i do not have in my toolkit. If either of these is true i'm going to use the kick clip instead, it locks the clip in place with the splines on the pivot and the locator which i have no problem notching the crunch frame for. I just want the clip stable.

i'm about ready to put the kick clip and pivot on the bay so that i can pay for a sideclip so best to know before i buy.

If you use the Kick pocket clip, you need to add the Kick pivot as well.  Depending on the tool, you might have to file down the Kick's pivot to fit.  That's why I didn't even try it and just tried the Sideclip pocket clip instead.  I just removed the pivot screw on the Crunch, put the Sideclip clip on, then screwed the Crunch's pivot screw back on.  The Sideclip pocket clip even has a handy lip that helps hold it in place without rotating around freely.   It's almost like it was made for the Crunch.

I don't want to take out my Box-O-Leathermans and shock my wife, so here's a crappy graphic of the Sideclip clip lip that perfectly fits onto the Crunch and prevents it from rotating:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 01:11:05 AM by Rich_SD »

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: December 24, 2023, 01:30:00 AM
Here's another pic I posted a while back that gives a better look.  This was before I polished the clip too... my inner OCD hated the Sideclip matte clip on the polished Crunch.

Edit: here's a link to my first pic after the mod.  I mention the same things there that I mentioned here.  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,89079.msg2331372.html#msg2331372

Offline cnlson

Reply #33 on: December 24, 2023, 06:08:30 AM

If you use the Kick pocket clip, you need to add the Kick pivot as well.  Depending on the tool, you might have to file down the Kick's pivot to fit.  That's why I didn't even try it and just tried the Sideclip pocket clip instead.  I just removed the pivot screw on the Crunch, put the Sideclip clip on, then screwed the Crunch's pivot screw back on.  The Sideclip pocket clip even has a handy lip that helps hold it in place without rotating around freely.   It's almost like it was made for the Crunch.

I don't want to take out my Box-O-Leathermans and shock my wife, so here's a crappy graphic of the Sideclip clip lip that perfectly fits onto the Crunch and prevents it from rotating:

(Image removed from quote.)

So how does it not rotate counter clockwise?

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: December 24, 2023, 03:19:34 PM
So how does it not rotate counter clockwise?

The locktab prevents it from rotating.

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: December 24, 2023, 04:41:15 PM
 :iagree:

The part I circled is pretty snug.  I guess it could pop out and circle counterclockwise with enough force, but it would have to be a lot more force than just wearing it in your pocket.  To me, it feels so secure that you would almost have to break it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 05:21:41 PM by Rich_SD »

Offline cnlson

Reply #36 on: December 24, 2023, 08:49:35 PM

The part I circled is pretty snug.  I guess it could pop out and circle counterclockwise with enough force, but it would have to be a lot more force than just wearing it in your pocket.  To me, it feels so secure that you would almost have to break it.

so my sideclip is a pentalobe hs, i assume they all are right? did you have a pair of pentalobe drivers to remove it or what did you use?

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: December 24, 2023, 10:05:45 PM
These things... search on ebay for Leatherman Parse Wrench:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: December 24, 2023, 11:12:35 PM
Yes, it is a pentalobe and the OG Wave and Sideclip both have the same type of fasteners :cheers:

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: December 24, 2023, 11:58:15 PM
Whoops, I misread that.  For the Sideclip, I just purchased a Sideclip clip from someone that was selling Sideclip parts.  Ditto on what Poncho said  :iagree:

Offline cnlson

Reply #40 on: December 26, 2023, 08:57:08 PM
These things... search on ebay for Leatherman Parse Wrench:

(Image removed from quote.)

parse wrenches I have, in fact, they might be the exact same parse wrenches as yours. Mine are in the first picture in the thread.

Offline cnlson

Reply #41 on: December 28, 2023, 03:31:44 AM
     Sounds like a deal to me.  I intended to post some photos anyway.  And intended to use/carry it.  I didn't know there was a Kick thread, but I will look it up.  Thanks again and Ho, Ho, Ho.  Best wishes.  Gary :2tu:

alright gar-bear I believe it was delivered today. did you get it and can we have proof of life?

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: December 28, 2023, 12:39:35 PM
      The Kick arrived yesterday evening.  Better photos (hopefully) to come.  The top of my mailbox has been crushed down by a hooligan with a jack handle, but the shipping box did still fit inside.  It finally stopped raining yesterday, so I should be able to get outside and do things today.  The lovely Leatherman will be in my pocket.  Stay tuned on the LM Kick channel.  Thanks again.  Best wishes.  Gary

PXL_20231228_112505740 (1).jpg
* PXL_20231228_112505740 (1).jpg (Filesize: 77.85 KB)

:tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: December 28, 2023, 04:36:20 PM
 :woohoo:
Esse Quam Videri

Offline cnlson

Reply #44 on: December 28, 2023, 05:49:14 PM
      The Kick arrived yesterday evening.  Better photos (hopefully) to come.  The top of my mailbox has been crushed down by a hooligan with a jack handle, but the shipping box did still fit inside.  It finally stopped raining yesterday, so I should be able to get outside and do things today.  The lovely Leatherman will be in my pocket.  Stay tuned on the LM Kick channel.  Thanks again.  Best wishes.  Gary
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
 :tu:

Usually a newspaper with today's date is needed but who reads the paper anymore

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: December 28, 2023, 06:04:32 PM
Glad you got it :woohoo: :like: :like:

us Offline JonesE

Reply #46 on: December 28, 2023, 08:21:59 PM
Congrats Gary on the new to you kick. Well done cnlson!

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #47 on: December 28, 2023, 08:25:18 PM
Congrats Gary on the new to you kick. Well done cnlson!

If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: December 28, 2023, 09:33:07 PM
Thanks, fellas.
    I just saw where the Sos box was down at the post office awaiting pickup.  So I did.  Thanks again to cnlson for his gift.  Best wishes.  G

PXL_20231228_191444073.jpg
* PXL_20231228_191444073.jpg (Filesize: 114.24 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: December 28, 2023, 09:41:35 PM
That box has sure grown.   :rofl:

Enjoy going thru it all.  I understand enjoying the use of thing but maybe if you choose something you don't quite "need" now you'll find a use?  Better to have and not need kinda thing  :pok:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: December 31, 2023, 05:35:50 PM
I received the Blast from cnlson late yesterday evening but didn't get it opened until this morning :dunno: :D

It is in great shape and I am very happy with it :woohoo:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #51 on: December 31, 2023, 07:41:16 PM
 :like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #52 on: December 31, 2023, 07:49:12 PM
Thanks Aloha :hatsoff:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #53 on: December 31, 2023, 07:50:47 PM
The Blast has a great toolset.  I forget how awesome these tools are till I see y'all posting up pics. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: December 31, 2023, 07:57:31 PM
Most definitely the Blast doesn't get talked about enough :ahhh I bought a Blast back in 2008 to replace my PST and at the time the price in with the features beat the Wave out for me :o basically the same toolset (few differences here and there) and no OHO or outside tools but it had what I wanted and I carried it for a while before going to an OG Supertool 8) :cheers:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: December 31, 2023, 10:41:45 PM
The Blast would be perfect if it had an awl.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #56 on: December 31, 2023, 11:53:11 PM
In hindsight the awl would have fit this toolset better than the micro bit driver :whistle: :D :cheers:

Offline cnlson

Reply #57 on: January 05, 2024, 09:36:47 AM
This was before I polished the clip too... my inner OCD hated the Sideclip matte clip on the polished Crunch.
Sideclip clip on the way, $58 oof but cheaper than my $45 sideclip and $20 worth of pentalobe hs bits I guess

What did you use to polish the clip?

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: January 05, 2024, 04:12:31 PM
Sideclip clip on the way, $58 oof but cheaper than my $45 sideclip and $20 worth of pentalobe hs bits I guess

What did you use to polish the clip?

This isn't very helpful, but I don't remember which of my polishing compounds I used.  If you don't own any yet, buy yourself a metal polish compound kit.  Those clay-like bars will last you a lifetime.  If that's an overkill for you, try Flitz.  (I'm not sure if Flitz is course enough, but it's cheap and good to have anyway)

I did the buffing the lazy way - with a Dremel and a cotton buffing wheel.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 04:18:05 PM by Rich_SD »

Offline cnlson

Reply #59 on: January 05, 2024, 04:39:51 PM

This isn't very helpful, but I don't remember which of my polishing compounds I used.  If you don't own any yet, buy yourself a metal polish compound kit.  Those clay-like bars will last you a lifetime.  If that's an overkill for you, try Flitz.  (I'm not sure if Flitz is course enough, but it's cheap and good to have anyway)

I did the buffing the lazy way - with a Dremel and a cotton buffing wheel.
i have a couple of bars that i use for my strop, do you think they would do?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%