Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

58mm Rambler mods

Offline Ghost Marksman

58mm Rambler mods
on: December 27, 2023, 06:25:15 PM
I just got myself a Victorinox Rambler as a Christmas gift, and I was looking to add small mods to it, I already figured I could store a small magnet under the combo tool (pic), but I'm still looking to add a pin  (I tried to store one by carving a slot in the backside of the toothpick, but I ended up breaking it  :oops: ).

So do you guys know how to add a pin to a 58mm without modifying the scales or tools ? (Just in case I need the warranty one day) And do you have any other small mods like this I could possibly do ?

rambler.jpg
* rambler.jpg (Filesize: 112.93 KB)

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Re: 58mm Rambler mods
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 07:11:34 PM
    That's a good-looking Rambler, GM.  I like those scales a lot.  Rambler has an excellent tool choice for most everyday uses.  Best wishes.  Gary (IMR)
 :D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 09:46:50 PM by IMR4198 »

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 10:05:42 AM
I do love the Rambler. 

I’ve seen the magnet storage idea previously but unfortunately not aware of other hacks/mods for it.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 01:16:15 PM
I just got myself a Victorinox Rambler as a Christmas gift, and I was looking to add small mods to it, I already figured I could store a small magnet under the combo tool (pic), but I'm still looking to add a pin  (I tried to store one by carving a slot in the backside of the toothpick, but I ended up breaking it  :oops: ).

So do you guys know how to add a pin to a 58mm without modifying the scales or tools ? (Just in case I need the warranty one day) And do you have any other small mods like this I could possibly do ?

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]
Nice choice to EDC. The small phillips is awlready magnetized, so the magnet will stay in place easily. As per the pin, have you tried putting it under that same tool, with the head near the tip?Since it's magnetized, it'll keep the pin in place.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Offline Ghost Marksman

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 01:37:56 PM
So after messing around a bit with it, I found out that the pin fits perfectly under the combo tool (pic), however it tends to fall off while using the tool, still got to figure out how to keep it in place. And I decided to put the magnet next to the keyring (pic 2), and it holds fairly well in here.

rambler 3.jpg
* rambler 3.jpg (Filesize: 59.44 KB)

Offline Ghost Marksman

Reply #5 on: January 04, 2024, 01:38:42 PM

rambler 5.jpg
* rambler 5.jpg (Filesize: 53.55 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00