Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hello from PA

us Offline Kevdynamite

• Sparky: king of the trades
Hello from PA
on: December 30, 2023, 02:29:33 PM
Have lurked in the past, but acquired an ARC and have fallen in love with leatherman allover again. As an electrician, I carried and abused a surge for a long time. I saved myself many trips down from a lift or a long walk to my toolbox with my trusty surge, but when I saw the free p2 with the outside drivers, it was love at first sight. I worked industrial at a large, mostly outdoor mining operation and constantly needed to open panels and enclosures, so the p2 made my life easier for the times I was too lazy or had forgotten an 11-1.

These days, I am an electrician at a fancy private college, so I'm constantly doing recon with my multi before gathering the correct tools to complete jobs. I have lost, replaced and found a few P2s, and have a wave+ and surge that are largely retired, but my wife gifted me an ARC for Xmas and man am I impressed. I have been off since before Christmas,  but I am excited to field test my ARC.

Thanks for having me! 

Kev

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Hello from PA
Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 02:45:08 PM
Welcome aboard, Pa huh, anywhere near hazleton? We used to live in a small town about 10mi west from there,, any questions don’t hesitate to ask someone on here should have answers no matter what you ask,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Kevdynamite

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 03:00:28 PM
Welcome aboard, Pa huh, anywhere near hazleton? We used to live in a small town about 10mi west from there,, any questions don’t hesitate to ask someone on here should have answers no matter what you ask,,
JR

Bout an hour southeast of Hazleton in what is known as the Lehigh Valley. Have spent a good deal of time working around the Hazleton area on mine sites though! And thanks for the warm welcome. I'm historically not very active on forums, but I'll try to be around!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 03:53:34 PM
Ah Lehigh valley, I spent a whole year working down that way, my crew and I did the plumbing for the Hilton garden inn right off route 78, I think it was fogelsville? The town we used to live in was Oneida, which was nothing more then north and south st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, then the only other two roads that lead into the town which was church and schoolhouse, that there used to be a mining town cause all you had to do was walk over the road and over the side and then you were walking on coal paths, oh so comfy on the feet, the Mrs didn’t like when I took the dog we had at the time which was a golden retriever, lol, he wasn’t golden when he got home though, he looked like a fuzzy black lab, lol, oh giving him a bath, oh my, the tub would be black and so fun to clean, NOT!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: December 30, 2023, 04:08:29 PM
Here’s a little layout,, ever hear of eagle rock resort? It’s 1mi down the street to rt81,, since we had no places that would deliver sometimes I’d drive down to their entrance and meet the delivery guy so I didn’t have to go all the way into hazleton just to get a simple pizza!
JR

* IMG_2890.jpg (Filesize: 138.19 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: December 30, 2023, 04:15:37 PM
Welcome to MTO. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #6 on: December 30, 2023, 04:27:19 PM
Welcome @Kevdynamite glad to have you aboard. The Arc has become my favorite Leatherman, and I've been a huge Wave/Charge fan for over a decade. Let us know how it works out for you, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #7 on: December 30, 2023, 09:39:33 PM
Welcome aboard..
Good to have you here with us.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 31, 2023, 04:11:49 AM
Small world. I'm in the valley too (although probably moving to Berks next year).

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #9 on: December 31, 2023, 05:32:39 AM
Welcome Kevdynamite.
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

us Offline Kevdynamite

Reply #10 on: December 31, 2023, 07:21:04 AM
Here’s a little layout,, ever hear of eagle rock resort? It’s 1mi down the street to rt81,, since we had no places that would deliver sometimes I’d drive down to their entrance and meet the delivery guy so I didn’t have to go all the way into hazleton just to get a simple pizza!
JR

So many poor little nooks here where coal was a way of life. Where I'm at, cement plants and limestone quarries are where everyone in town would work. Now, they're manned by skeleton crews and the next generation didn't want to roll around in the dust!

Small world. I'm in the valley too (although probably moving to Berks next year).

Small world indeed! I truly love this area, but it'd be nice to have a little more space in berks. Plus, could stop at detrichs smoke shop on the way!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: December 31, 2023, 02:03:12 PM
Hello and welcome Kev !    :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: December 31, 2023, 05:45:40 PM
Welcome to :MTO:  :cheers:

us Offline ThisAlarm7

Reply #13 on: January 01, 2024, 07:12:00 PM
Welcome!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #14 on: January 03, 2024, 12:46:42 PM
Welcome aboard!

:cheers: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD