Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

More New Multi-Tool Stuff Arrived

us Offline BlindFarmer

More New Multi-Tool Stuff Arrived
on: January 04, 2024, 12:25:48 AM
Ok, before I get into this, a small rant. What is going on at Leatherman? Both these new multi-tools were gritty, very stiff, and had to be opened with my Swisstool. I washed both in Dawn and soaked them in WD40. Leatherman needs to learn from Victorinox on how to make a smooth tool out of the box. Ok, now to the fun bit. The new Super Tool 300 and Rebar arrived. Also, a late unexpected Xmas gift, the Leatherman multi-tool maintenance kit. Now that I have handled the Super Toll 300, I get it. The Swisstool is a direct competitor. As I type this, the new multi-tools are wrapped in a shop towel after being sprayed with WD40. Once they loosen up a bit, I am sure they will be great tools. As for now, all I can tell you is they arrived.

* IMG_20240103_174824562.jpg (Filesize: 204.38 KB)

* IMG_20240103_174718729.jpg (Filesize: 305.32 KB)
When all else fails, go for the joke - Paul

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: More New Multi-Tool Stuff Arrived
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 01:28:18 AM
LM makes their tools a bit harder to use and you have to use them and break them in but after that they get very smooth to use  :salute: I can never seem to break a Victorinox tool (Swisstool or Spirit) in enough to easily get any of the tools out easily :dwts:

I do usually by pass the break in period with a LM though and adjust the pivots myself :whistle: if they end up to loose then I tighten them to and they still seem to break in faster :cheers:

I have seen in another thread that you have already bought wrenches already to do this :D  :like:

us Offline BlindFarmer

Re: More New Multi-Tool Stuff Arrived
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 01:40:58 AM
LM makes their tools a bit harder to use and you have to use them and break them in but after that they get very smooth to use  :salute: I can never seem to break a Victorinox tool (Swisstool or Spirit) in enough to easily get any of the tools out easily :dwts:

I do usually by pass the break in period with a LM though and adjust the pivots myself :whistle: if they end up to loose then I tighten them to and they still seem to break in faster :cheers:

I have seen in another thread that you have already bought wrenches already to do this :D  :like:

I am learning that with the correct tools you can tune or adjust a Leatherman so that the tool works like it should have been out of the box. The closing of the pliers is very stiff. The pliers themselves are not bad. It is when you go to close the tool and fold it, the thing will lock up. You have the really try to close it. No oil can fix that, I think it is just too tight. The tools will solve that problem.
When all else fails, go for the joke - Paul

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD