Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vosteed Griffin

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Vosteed Griffin
on: January 12, 2024, 06:59:25 PM
I need feedback folks, I normally am very descriptive and passionate with the reviews I write. They can however be on the long side, I'm trying something new. Shorter reviews, that still get to the point and tell how a product performs, it's functions etc but shorter. Would love feedback.

The guys at Vosteed have once again collaborated with R.S. Knifeworks (Rob Saniscalchi)’s to bring a design of his to the masses. Dubbed the Griffin, it features a hawkbill that's 3.49" and made from the 14C28N. The blade shape (hawkbill) is great for draw cuts, breaking down cardboard, and anything that would require a slashing motion. Because of it's  curved belly, it's even great for things like stripping wires or horticulture.

Opening the blade is done via a thumb hole, rear flipper or front flipper. These different methods are a Vosteed trademark, makes the knife very fidget friendly. I'm happy that it's also spydie flick friendly too. I like the fact that the rear flipper doubles as an area to choke up on when the situation arises.

I think the slender handle with a gently arc helps accentuate the overall appearance and feel of the  knife. The handle is long enough for a full four finger grip, even though thin it's super comfortable. The handle comes in an assortment of colors, mine being reminiscent of the Joker. The colors pop and the G10 has a nice texture to it, good feedback without being too grippy.

The Griffin does a great job guarding  treasure, or your pocket contents anyways. I love the designs from Rob Saniscalchi and I'm glad they continue to work with him. This partnership is bound to produce many beautiful designs that are as much a work of art as they are function.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

us Offline AzteCypher

Re: Vosteed Griffin
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 07:32:23 PM
I really enjoyed your review of the Horl sharpener.  I liked all the details you wrote about and the pictures you provided.  I enjoyed this short Vosteed one as well.  In my humble opinion they are both well written.

I prefer more detail like you provided in the Horl sharpener just because I like to know what I'm getting into when I decide to purchase said item.  I do however see the benefit in the shorter review with concise detail for those that only want a short synopsis and wish to discover the other details on their own.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.   :cheers:
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 07:48:43 PM
Hi David,
     I like the short form.  It looks good.  Nice pix.  All necessary info.  Some items will likely require a longer write-up.  The sharpener reviews for instance.  There are lots of small details to go into.  A single blade lock knife, maybe not so much.  Best wishes.  G
 :like:

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 09:12:07 PM
Thank you guys, I'm trying to find a balance and maybe I'm on the right track. Longer reviews for when it's necessary rather than stretching things out by going super in depth. The reviews with sharpeners will  most certainly be 1000 word or so. So far I've got 5 sharpeners I'm going to review, KME, Edge Pro Apex, Gatco Diamond (similar to Lansky), Steamboat Ultimate, and TSPROF Pioneer.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 09:50:52 PM
 :tu: :like:
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21