Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bibury spare wire cutter

Offline coyote139

• New User
Bibury spare wire cutter
on: January 13, 2024, 09:49:46 PM
Hello

After seeing multiple reviews on Youtube, I did purchase 2 MT from Bibury, one Wave clone and one Surge clone. Globally, I am very happy at this point with the tools, quality seems good, but has too be checked over time, One very big advantge I see to them over the original Leatherman, beyond the price question which is unquestionnable, is that they are not so stiff. The wave and Rebar I did purchase new are awfully stiff, for me that is not acceptable given the price.

But back to Bibury, I have a problem with them : I would like to find spare wire cutters. The surge clone has one pair, but not the wave clone. I did contact Bibury, they told me that there were no spare available at the time but I could get a discount on a new tool. This is not a  satisfactory answer for me. If the wire cutter are replaceable, you must be able to find spares. I foud some in Malaysia but the P&P cost ios too high. Do you know where I can find some ?

Do these that are available  on Aliexpress and are for Daicamping MT be OK ? https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005006045778355.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.5447378dzGO2Gy&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

Regards

Claude

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Re: Bibury spare wire cutter
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 02:01:11 PM
Hi Claude,
      Several of the fellows on here have Bibury tools.  They probably know the answer.  I wonder if you can take the cutters off and turn them around to get a fresh cutting surface?  Like Gerber.  If you don't break them, it might take a long time before you actually need a new set. 
       I read your introduction post but didn't answer.  I hope you find something to interest you here.  The members do like photos.  Just something to keep in mind.  Best wishes.  Gary (IMR)
 :cheers:

Offline coyote139

• New User
Re: Bibury spare wire cutter
Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 12:04:26 AM
Hi Claude,
      Several of the fellows on here have Bibury tools.  They probably know the answer.  I wonder if you can take the cutters off and turn them around to get a fresh cutting surface?  Like Gerber.  If you don't break them, it might take a long time before you actually need a new set. 
       I read your introduction post but didn't answer.  I hope you find something to interest you here.  The members do like photos.  Just something to keep in mind.  Best wishes.  Gary (IMR)
 :cheers:

Hi Gary

Thank you for your kind message. Concerning the spare wire cutter, that is more a matter of principle. I am pretty sure that I will not need to replace them (and I have already one spare set with one of the tool and I think it can go on both), but that is a matter of principle. If you sell an item advertising that you can replace parts, you should have parts available, otherwise it does mean that you are not a reliable company. I did  work in military procurement, and that was something we were very sensitive to : when you buy something, you must be able to maintain it, so haviung a relaible provider is something that is worth paying.

So I am disappointed by the chineses brands if they are unable to assure the support of the items they sell.

On the other hand, that is why that I am a bit disappointed by Leatherman : I would be  ready   to pay the extra price for the quality and  for the knowledge that I will get spare parts if required. Spare parts OK, but how much stiff their tools  are when new, you should not have to spend so much energy to smooth the tool. I will try to purchase a brand new victorinox tool to see if there is a difference.

Regards

Claude

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21